• Register Today It's free!

Suspension Lift

blackedout01

Reaction score
City, State
Lancaster, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
Hey guys im sure its on here some where but im new and cant find it... i have a '00 Xlt and im just looking for like a 4 inch suspension lift everyone i talk to says they dont make it.. but then i also heard that you could use some ranger kits.. i just want to know what i can and cant use or even if that make it... thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Superlift has a 4" suspension lift. Big bucks though. 2500ish.

you know a web site i can go to... is that everything in the kit tho?

There are only 2 suspension lifts made for our generation Explorers. One from Trailmasters and one from Superlift. Everyone says that the Superlift one is stronger and is put together better. Both are pretty expensive and one downside is that the kit lowers the torsion bar supports to get them at their stock angle, which makes them very vurnerable if you're off-roading.

There is also a third option as far as suspension lifts go, the RCD coilover kit, which is a 5" lift and replaces the torsion bars with coilovers. That is a major investment though. Between the 4" superlift and trailmaster lifts, i think the advantage with the superlift kit is that you get knew knuckles, where as with the trailmaster kit you use the stock knuckles with an extension to the ball joint on top. Correct?

Between the 4" superlift and trailmaster lifts, i think the advantage with the superlift kit is that you get knew knuckles, where as with the trailmaster kit you use the stock knuckles with an extension to the ball joint on top. Correct?

Yeah, that's right.

Hey guys im sure its on here some where but im new and cant find it... i have a '00 Xlt and im just looking for like a 4 inch suspension lift everyone i talk to says they dont make it.. but then i also heard that you could use some ranger kits.. i just want to know what i can and cant use or even if that make it... thanks

Not trying to be a smart ass, but why do you want to lift your truck?
A. Looks only
B. serious off-roading

The answer to this question will enable me to give you the best answer I can give you.

i just mainly want the look factor

i just mainly want to look good to be honst. i mean maybe ever once in a while hit a mud hole but other then that just looks

i just mainly want to look good to be honst. i mean maybe ever once in a while hit a mud hole but other then that just looks

Body lift it then.
You're going to throw away atleast $1300 on a superlift kit, and $400 on a new front driveshaft, with no real suspension improvement.
Just throw a 3" body lift on with 33's.

does anyone have prices on like a 3in body lift? and with a 3in whats the biggest tires i could fit?

Back