• Register Today It's free!

Suspension system help

diesel_s

Reaction score
City, State
Buford, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ST Limited
I want to lower my 2001 Explorer Sport by about 2 inches at the least, preferably 3 inches. The thing I'm curious about, is there an adjustable air spring system without an air tank and a compressor that can be hidden away? If not that, how about a suspension system that can just be adjusted in height? raised when i need it to be and then lowered back to the set ride height. I NEED HELP!!!!! lol......any suggestions, doesnt really matter, I'm up for any suggestions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

only thing ive found for mine (im sure there are more but this is the one im planing on getting) is a simple cheap 1 3/8 inches lowering kit if ur interested off www.explorerexpress.com

You might want to rethink the lowering; its gonna ride like crap.

I speak from experience; once I was lowered and couldn't stand it.

hmmm, it seems to me , that 2 inches lower would be on or close to the stock bumpstops in the front, ,
2 inches in the back , i think that would be close too , i think you would have to find a custom kit , or have one made,,

I've driven a lowered explorer before, it was a four door 2003 Eddie Baurer. Lowered 2 inches. rode rather well being that his was done very well with comfort in mind. I spoke to a guy at my custom shop today who told me that he knows how to lower it without me losing ride comfort.

I've driven a lowered explorer before, it was a four door 2003 Eddie Baurer. Lowered 2 inches. rode rather well being that his was done very well with comfort in mind. I spoke to a guy at my custom shop today who told me that he knows how to lower it without me losing ride comfort.

Good luck.

How is he planning on doing this?

Custom built lowering kit for the truck, air springs, four link suspension in the rear.....he's the same guy who owns the lowered 03 I drove. Rides smooth, especially around 80+

Lowered vehicles can be made to have an acceptable ride. You just need to spend the money. It can mean a whole new suspension. Air ride is good...and there are a couple air systems out there that are really good. (read that as very spendy) Air ride will also give you the ability to change the ride height at will as necessity demands.

Back