• Register Today It's free!

Suspension vs Body lift

tankmech

Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake City UT/ Ft Benning GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 explorer XLT
I have always delt with solid axle trucks in the past. I have a 1995 Explorer XLT 4x4 and have found a lift for it but the sales person did not recomed it and three other 4x4 shops said that it is unstable and a rough ride. I cant find a body lift. There must be a good one out there. I see a lot of Explorers with suspension and body lifts, where can you get a good body lift or suspension lift

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A search will give you the answers to all those questions.

Hartman said:
A search will give you the answers to all those questions.
Thanks for the useless reply. If I am asking I have obviously looked. I dont want to drop 1800.00 on a suspension lift that rides poorly. The nations largest body lift manufacturer ( Performance ) does not make a body lift for my Explorer. I have looked and I am running out of time. I am on R&R leave from Iraq and would like to get it done before I have to go back. Any help would be appreciated.

the body lift is PA 883 i believe. it is made for the ranger but it will work on the explorer, all you will need is some bumper brackets

Who is the manufacturer and what years of Ranger does it fit

the manufacturer is performance accessories (PA). not sure what year ranger it fits but that is the part number

Thanks for the info. I checked and that is the right part #. Wish eveyone was as helpful.

I have a Trailmaster suspension lift with Superlift rear lift springs. The rear lift springs are a little stiff and so are the shocks, but that's only really noticeable on really bumpy roads. Off-road wise everything performs pretty well for a IFS system. I have a body lift and Suspension lift, and I am satisfied with it:

464729_115_full.jpg

Hope this helps

-Drew

Click on "Gerald's Truck" in my sig line below and go to the second post, which is a long list of my experiences with second generation mods on my Explorer. Scroll down and you will find that there is an extensive section on body lifts there. Yes the PA 883 will work for you.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. You have saved me a lot of time and questions. I may not be on this forum for a long time because I go back to Iraq in a few days. I will definantly use this info when I get back and I will post some pics of the ride when it is done.

Back