SVO's Silver State Classic Challenge Trip Blog | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SVO's Silver State Classic Challenge Trip Blog

Hmmm, I remember mentioning a few thousand times that I want to move to Colorado. :p:

And you at least have to come back and get me and the kids. Or at least just me. ;)
first dibs on the Nasty Ho.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmm, I remember mentioning a few thousand times that I want to move to Colorado. :p:

And you at least have to come back and get me and the kids. Or at least just me. ;)

You have your little GT, drive baby, DRIVE!!

first dibs on the Nasty Ho.

Ummm no! I have seen a few too many places already to go wheeling, but I can help you with four Mustangs and two trucks if your interested :p:

47* this morning, man it feels so nice here!!

Well getting loaded and ready to leave Carbondale to head out to Ely, Nevada this morning, but we'll be back here in a few days after the race is over to do some work on this house.

Hate to leave but glad we'll be coming back, and we'll try to get some fishing in while we're here again.

Jeff -

You have your little GT, drive baby, DRIVE!!

It could be like my own little rally road race driving up the mountains, throwing the rear-end of Reaper out, cruising through curves....*giggle*

Those roads are a blast to drive on if you love to drive.

Yeah, the last time Reaper went through them, SVO played bumper tag with an Audi all the way between Silverton and Durango. You should've seen the looks we were getting from those we passed at high rates of speed...lol. :D

Looks awesome Jeff.

[Willie Nelson] On the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again. [/Willie Nelson]

Attachments

• 1253207812440imagejpeg_2.jpg
    1253207812440imagejpeg_2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 484
  • 1253208908991imagejpeg_2.jpg
    1253208908991imagejpeg_2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 462
  • 1253210320006imagejpeg_2.jpg
    1253210320006imagejpeg_2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 601

:bsnicker: I didn't see the Burger King Crown until after I posted it! LMAO

:bsnicker: I didn't see the Burger King Crown until after I posted it! LMAO

I kept thinking that it looked like Jeff had shaved his head. :p:

However, I wanna see Rick wearing the Burger King crown. :D

Wow, that is real good stuff. I'm glad Jeff got himself into this and out of school.

I am too. Though he enjoyed teaching, this is something new everyday and I don't have to worry about ticked off students threatening to stab him (yes, that did happen :rolleyes:). Plus, he has normal hours now and I get to see him everyday....well, except when he is on trips like this. :cool:

Someone is thinking of Stang Girl...

Attachments

• 1253215257353imagejpeg_2.jpg
    1253215257353imagejpeg_2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 614
  • 1253215291265imagejpeg_2.jpg
    1253215291265imagejpeg_2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 617

I told him to tear it down and put it in the trailer to bring back to me. We can rebuild it in the backyard. :dpchug:

Sorry, it's me Stang Girl. For some reason, whenever I step away from the computer, it logs SVO back in...lol.

Someone is thinking of Stang Girl...

What a waste of fiberglass, steel, etc or whatever it is. Now if it was a Coke Zero one.. I'd say bring it over here :D

Jeff with the BK crown.. Priceless.. Can you say ding fries are done

This is why you should never hitchhike!

Attachments

• 1253226033044imagejpeg_2.jpg
    1253226033044imagejpeg_2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 422

We have arrived, time to F**K this town up!!!

This is why you should never hitchhike!

YES!!!!! I see this being a blackmail picture for years to come!

Glad ya'll made it ok. :thumbsup: And remember, you are there to make sure "Edward" and Rick kick everyone's butt!

Oh yeah, I never explained why the car is named Edward for those who are interested. First of all, Rick's wife, Cara, is HUGE into the Twilight books (has read all 4 of them numerous times and is making Rick go on a Twilight cruise in Alaska. :p:). Anyhoo, the Ford color of the Mustang is Vista Blue. If you haven't seen this color in person, it is a pretty blue in the shade or at night, but it sparkles in the sun....can you see where I am going with this? I had teased Rick, when the car was at our house, that it sparkled like Edward. Of course he got it...I had to explain it to Jeff. :rolleyes:

In the movie, Edward the vampire, has a speech which fits this car perfectly...

1) Sparkles in the sun
2) Built for speed....hello...2.8 KB supercharger with over 700 rwhp!
3) Built to draw people in....again, if you saw this car in person, wouldn't you be walking right up to it to check it out? Thought so!
4) Built to kill...well, he's built to kill the competition ;)

So, the car's name is Edward. Though Jeff still calls it "the coupe", he did admit that Rick has slipped a few times and called it Edward. Now if I can just talk Rick into getting personalized plates...:D

Of course you know,
This is now my favorite thread:D

Colorado is a gem for sure, and wow, that is one spectacular home.

Is there a scheme going on here? I vote yes. :thumbsup:

Of course you know,
This is now my favorite thread:D

Colorado is a gem for sure, and wow, that is one spectacular home.

Is there a scheme going on here? I vote yes. :thumbsup:

Jeff and I have always planned on moving once the kids were out of high school. At the time, it was the 10-year plan. Five years later, it's still the 10-year plan. :rolleyes: However, the argument has been that I want Colorado (so I can go to all the Avs home games :D ) and Jeff wanted Northern Arizona. I am just wondering if this has changed his mind any? ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attachments

• 1253231532558imagejpeg_2.jpg
    1253231532558imagejpeg_2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 605
  • 1253231543172imagejpeg_2.jpg
    1253231543172imagejpeg_2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 435
  • 1253231559043imagejpeg_2.jpg
    1253231559043imagejpeg_2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 350
  • 1253231572803imagejpeg_2.jpg
    1253231572803imagejpeg_2.jpg