swap analog (knobs) climate control for digital | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

swap analog (knobs) climate control for digital

Snakehn

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
hey guys, looking on ebay i've seen a lot of the OEM digital A/C climate control units compatible with the 06 explorer, i was wondering if anyone has attempted to swap them out? mine have the old one with the knobs, looking at the back of both it seems like the harness is different, and it will obviously need a new dash piece to accommodate it, i wonder if the new one would fit without any modifications inside the dashboard.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Iv been wondering this too. but i watched some car friends do it on a bonneville from the mid 90's and it was not easy. also with the digital one in the explorers arnt they duel zone? if so then yea not gonna happen.

ooo and i just looked. yea not gonna happen. no vac lines going to the digital one like the analog one.

Man! :( oh well, ill keep looking at other "mods" and tweaks, maybe by next year ill trade my 06 for a 2010 Limited with all the toys

lol yea im doing the same. i love modding and putting things in form higher end models.

i want to swap out my speedo to the white face ones with the bigger display. but cant figure out if it will work

im going through the hell of swapping out clusters right now because mine fried... and just to swap out two matching ones is looking like one expensive masterpiece .... i would think adding one with the message center would not even program for the pats security since the model would not match... on the cheap its looking like $100 for a new cluster and another $150 for a cloning service... and I have to buy one that is close to the mileage mine had before I fried it.... im sure my odometer has not moved since then about 3 weeks ago

Back