Swapin' Everything!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Swapin' Everything!!

Well here it is, I'm wanting to swap in a Ford 9" and Dana 44 into the EX. How Would this go? Should I keep the coils and Radius arms, or go leafs???? Also, I'm wanting to swap T-cases, one from a 79 Ford Bronco, what is involved in that??? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No one with any advice huh:( Needing some information or i'm going to go crazy:bounce:

Keep the radius arms, trac-bar, and coil springs. Much easier to setup and you will be better off than leafs.

T-case will not bolt up and would require a lot of swapping to be able to use it.

do a search on axle swaps!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Would I have to swap out the engine, transmission, to use the T-case? Dont want to do this. Is there no way that you could make a adapter for the T-case to mount? I should just go Atlas II huh!!!

The rear axle is a snap, just weld spring perches (with the angles) and shock mounts and your set. The front, keep coils and radius arms like Cory said, follow his buildup. As for the transfer case; The bronco used a model 20 until 77 or 78, in 79 I can't remember if they used a model 20 or an NP205. Advance adapters does not make an adapter for either. You would have to swap tranny to use transfer case, like a C4, or C5. The origional isn't a bad case. The only beef I have is I would like a lower low range. If I was doing it I'd go with the atlas, Rick and Cory have had great sucess with this case and so has several of my J**P friends in my local club. Twin stick too!

Are you cutting your axles down or going fullsize?

Full length

Back