Swapped seats from 2014 explorer to 2017 piu | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Swapped seats from 2014 explorer to 2017 piu

16vcabman

Reaction score
City, State
Ortonville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU
Airbag light came on after swap. Where are the pretensioners, I understand that these need to be swapped out after an airbag deployment. The seats I bought, the car had a steering wheel bag deployment. Do the seat position sensor need replacement too?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you get anywhere with this?

Not yet but by the codes I scanned for I think the problem is related to occupant seat air cushion under the foam in the seat bottom.

It’s probably easier to just get seat from a 2016-2018 that it is to rip into your piu seats. I still have mine but I don’t know how far i want to get into it since they’re only $150 per seat from the wrecker.

Did you swap out the rear seats?

Not yet but by the codes I scanned for I think the problem is related to occupant seat air cushion under the foam in the seat bottom.
I finally got around to swapping the seat occupant sensor from the 2017 PIU to the 2013 cloth power seat. So far the airbag light hasn’t come back on.

i found 3 seats 2014 XLT for $150
each for $150 is pretty expensive from yard
Cheaper than buying used seats on ebay. The wreckers that had them in my state were all in that price range.

I paid 325.00 for both front and console and 200 for the back seat all leather

did you get the SRS light to go out?

No, I think the seat side airbag stores a code. Put the rear seats in had to remove stiffening from area where bars mount for seats bolts in.

Okay here is where I am at with the seats. I took out the side air bags, the bladder in the passenger side, the seat belt buckles and disconnected the battery and plugged all these items into the 2014 seats. I also compared the wiring at the plugs that connectors to the car wiring and they are the same. I used the Forscan and found these codes: B00A0:63-0A, this code states it has not tripped DTC. The code that has tripped the DTC is B0082:4A-C0 and says seatbelt load limiter deployment control incorrect component. I have tried to determine what is the load limiter in shopkeypro with no success. Please help!!

Airbag light came on after swap. Where are the pretensioners, I understand that these need to be swapped out after an airbag deployment. The seats I bought, the car had a steering wheel bag deployment. Do the seat position sensor need replacement too?
You have to swap the passenger seat occupant sensor including the bladder to eliminate the light due to the swap. I am not sure if you have to get all codes cleared after deployment though.

Okay here is the full story about 14 seats in a 17 car. You have to use seat side air bags, seat belt buckle, ocs in passenger seat bottom. Upper portion of seat uses hog rings so you need hog ring pliers and rings for side air bags. You also have to drill holes because 17 air bags have different spacing where studs go into frame. Make sure you unbolt seats and then undo battery negative connection before you pull connectors. My seats were wired same as 17 seats along with connection at floor. You will probably have some heated seats wiring too. I didn't use heat portion. When done with seats plug them in and then connect battery. Test for air bags light on dash and see if you were successful. I had the wonderful B0082:4f code which no one seemed to know what it was including the dealership. I finally figured out that the load limiter was built in the passenger side seatbelt. I replaced the seatbelt and had to reflash the RCM with as built data to finally turn off the airbag light what a pita! The dealership service knows very little and blew me off after charging me $50 and included a nasty gram in my file that car is modified and will not be serviced.

.............................The dealership service knows very little and blew me off after charging me $50 and included a nasty gram in my file that car is modified and will not be serviced.
Does that mean they won't perform general maintenance on the vehicle? If so, I don't see the logic as that has nothing to do with the vehicle being modified. I could see if an issue had to do with the seats or seatbelts.

Peter

Hi Peter, they probably will do maintenance items but, I don't need anything from them I am a certified mechanic and just didn't understand the Ford diagnosis program. I have worked on German cars and gm most of my life. Do not care for Ford better idea!

Okay here is the full story about 14 seats in a 17 car. You have to use seat side air bags, seat belt buckle, ocs in passenger seat bottom. Upper portion of seat uses hog rings so you need hog ring pliers and rings for side air bags. You also have to drill holes because 17 air bags have different spacing where studs go into frame. Make sure you unbolt seats and then undo battery negative connection before you pull connectors. My seats were wired same as 17 seats along with connection at floor. You will probably have some heated seats wiring too. I didn't use heat portion. When done with seats plug them in and then connect battery. Test for air bags light on dash and see if you were successful. I had the wonderful B0082:4f code which no one seemed to know what it was including the dealership. I finally figured out that the load limiter was built in the passenger side seatbelt. I replaced the seatbelt and had to reflash the RCM with as built data to finally turn off the airbag light what a pita! The dealership service knows very little and blew me off after charging me $50 and included a nasty gram in my file that car is modified and will not be serviced.
That’s really interesting. I used 13 cloth seats (unheated). I only swapped the seat belt buckles and the passenger side occupant sensor and the airbag light didn’t come back on for me.

That’s really interesting. I used 13 cloth seats (unheated). I only swapped the seat belt buckles and the passenger side occupant sensor and the airbag light didn’t come back on for me.
FYI, the member you responded to was last seen here on February 25, 2020.

Peter

Peter
It says he made that post last month and his profile says last scene Tuesday. He just responded to your replay this past Monday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually no

Actually not true he responded to my last message from 06/23 so if you look at the whole article you will see different articles were added after initial comment

Back