Swapping power seats from a 1999 Explorer to my 1995 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Swapping power seats from a 1999 Explorer to my 1995

InstruMike

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer
I'm attempting to swap power seats from a 1999 to a 1995 explorer. Has anyone out there done this before? the new seats (1999) fit perfectly. Mounting bracket matches up and bolts in fine. The problem I'm encountering is the electrical connection doesn't match. Can anyone give me info about which wires do what so I can splice them together and make it work? ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.:D:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great source for wiring diagrams. You can look up both years and compare.

Auto - Online Repair Info
http://search.ebscohost.com/
Login ID: rrcc
Login PW: rebsco
Select: Auto Repair Reference Center
Fill in: Find Your Vehicle
Follow prompts down to Wiring Diagrams.

There should only be a 2-pin power connector. The black wire is ground, the other is +12 volt. Just wire up the +12v to a battery hot connection and make sure its fused. I did this exact same thing on my 2000 Sport which had manual seats.

ok....I've got the seat in the truck and functioning how I want it to. For the time being anyway. My truck has 14 wires going into that connetor and the seat has 9. Once I confirmed 12V and ground from the truck and identified the same on the seat I just butt-spliced them together. Mine are black and white is 12V and black is ground for both the truck and seat. Much easier than I expected. I don't have all the functions that I could but I'm just looking for a comfortable seat that I can adjust, so it works for me.:D

Back