• Register Today It's free!

Swapping Seats

JRene94

Reaction score
City, State
New Albany, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Limite
I shave a 2017 Ford Explorer Limited with the 40/60 bench seat. I have someone in my area that has a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT that is willing to trade his captains chairs in the 2nd row for my bench seat. Would that at all be able to happen? Included are pics of both of our 2nd row seating if that helps.

4F4E00DC-1F7E-4416-B777-18A4D24F4A88.jpeg 8D921BF2-CDB2-4CE7-AC5C-2618EABCE970.jpeg

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
2016 was a 'refresh' year for the Explorer so I don't know if the mounting points would be compatible. Perhaps someone who has done or attempted this will jump in. If not, it might be an idea to check out where the seats fasten to the floor and see if they match up. Do the buckets seats in the 2014 have inflatable seat belts? Several members have swapped bench/bucket seats.

Peter

The mounting should be the same but as stated the 2016+ have updated / newer systems. You both may want to retain your seatbelts and just swap the seats to be safe. I'm not sure if that's possible though. Some GMs the seatbelt is built into the seat.

Back