• Register Today It's free!

sway bar drop brackets

93xplorersport

Reaction score
City, State
paris, tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 sport 4x4
im thinkin of the rc lift abd u noticed it dont come with the sway bar drop brackets. where can i get them? or is there a kit thats not much more that comes with them.? im picking the rc lift because my truck is mainly a dd but i do take it off road and trail ride and mudding so i figured that would be my best option for the money. any advice is appreciated thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just ditch the sway bar, the TTB coils are so stiff you wont even notice it being gone.

well i was thinkin about sway bar quick disconnects but ok

I do run the sway bar on my '92 (6" skyjacker up front). I ditched the rear sway bar totally though. My springs aren't super stiff I guess, as a few times on the Interstate the Ex got kinda twitchy on uneven pavement when crosswinds were blowing. :/

Instead of a drop bracket for the sway bar (which makes it lower, and it the way wheeling sometimes).... I took my sway bar end links and made them longer, then installed pins with R-keys to disconnect it.

It does need more testing, but for now I only disconnect one side when I wheel.

i ditched my rear sway bar and used the links for the front. i bent them straight

i dont know if i should start another thread for this question but it still pertains to the rc lift so hopefully i dont cause a fuss. but ive read where people are complaining about the drop brackets hitting the axle. is there a fix for it like getting longer bump stops or what? also would 15 in longer radius arms for a ranger fit a x i figure they would but i wanted to make sure before the investment

I can't help you with the RC lift question (I don't run that setup), but I can tell you my Skyjacker kit came from a Ranger. The radius arm itself, as long as it came from a Dana35 (not a Dana 28) should be fine.

Unless you want me to try them for you first. lol :)

How would I go about making my own drop brackets? If I have I two inch lift do I need 2inch drop brackets or is there a better way to measure it

well i was thinkin about sway bar quick disconnects but ok

I had the sway bar drop brackets and one cracked over time. I found these sway bar quick disconnects from warrior products and they allowed me to remove the drop brackets.

Attachments

• quic release.jpg
    quic release.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 7,577

I had the sway bar drop brackets and one cracked over time. I found these sway bar quick disconnects from warrior products and they allowed me to remove the drop brackets.

I like.you have part numbers?what did they run you?how much lift do you have?

Humm it says its good to up to 3" lift.you say they work with you 5" though ?i don't mind pay that price at all.i run drop brackets now but just unbolt them but would like to have the main bar farther up

Humm it says its good to up to 3" lift.you say they work with you 5" though ?i don't mind pay that price at all.i run drop brackets now but just unbolt them but would like to have the main bar farther up

Yup they work fine and the bar sits as it did when stock.

How do they disconnect?like at the bottom or top or the whole thing can come out?pic would be great if you happen to have one ;)

Pin at the top pin at the bottom pull them out and the center bar comes out The ends stay bolted on. If the picture does not appear scroll up and look at the picture of them installed on my X.

That's what i was thinking.i may end up with these.thanks for the help man :)

That's what i was thinking.i may end up with these.thanks for the help man :)

I like them. I was going to remove them completely, but I have three kids that think its cool to ride in the X so I wanted another solution. So far so good.

Yea i have had mine out for the last couple trips and the ride home on back roads doing 60+ gets scary

i took my sway bar off and i can tell a diff in drivin it. if i made my own drop brackets how much of a drop do i need to make? right now i have a 2 inch lift do i need a 2 inch drop bracket?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back