sway bar link and bushing replacement | Page 3 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

sway bar link and bushing replacement

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

oz16us

Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
i'm going to try a hacksaw...then maybe a press. Thanks again :)

Phantom

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Exp Ltd / 03 ST XLT
Anyone seen Prothane kits like the ones listed in post 12? All I can seem to find close are universal bushing sets. Just looking to compare. Thanks.

swshawaii

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Kailua-Oahu, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Sport Trac XLS (RWD)

Phantom

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Exp Ltd / 03 ST XLT
The same thought had crossed my mind as I have seen some other similarities. Last dumb question, seen the ES kits with greaseble bushings and brackets?

Phantom

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Exp Ltd / 03 ST XLT
Actually one other, anyone replaced leaf spring shackle bushings with polyurethane ones?

swshawaii

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Kailua-Oahu, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Sport Trac XLS (RWD)
The same thought had crossed my mind as I have seen some other similarities. Last dumb question, seen the ES kits with greaseble bushings and brackets?
I'm using the ES 9.5164G (2WD) universal greasable for the front sway bar. The stock brackets are much stronger and heavier gauge. Consider using the OEM brackets with graphite bushings or drill the brackets and bushings and add zerks.
http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/GreasableEEBushings/GreasableEEBushings.htm

Actually one other, anyone replaced leaf spring shackle bushings with polyurethane ones?
I've read the '91-'94 poly shackle bushings will work on the Gen 2, but confirm first. Search ES 4.2124 on the forum. Rubber encased replacements linked below.
https://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/catalog/Leaf_Spring_Bushings_Rubber_Encased-184-1.html
http://www.stengelbros.net/Rubber-Bushings_c_411.html