Sway Bar on my 1995 Ford Explorer Limited??! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sway Bar on my 1995 Ford Explorer Limited??!

ilikedellcomputers

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, AB, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Jetta GLX VR6
Hi everybody, I was just wondering if it's possible to add a sway bar to my 1995 Explorer Limited! I am looking at the one that is on the Explorer Express website, the link: http://www.explorerexpress.com/parts/perform2.html

I am aware that I have the "air" suspension, now will that affect my chances of getting any kind of sway bar? Anybody have a Limited here with a sway bar?

Look forward to reading your replies.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Peter,

I believe we already have sway bars, those are just bigger. Therefore, if you get a performance sway bar, it's pretty much a direct replacement. Personally, I'm looking into the rear suspension add-on by Road Handler to improve my ride.

Originally posted by Alec
Peter,

I believe we already have sway bars, those are just bigger. Therefore, if you get a performance sway bar, it's pretty much a direct replacement. Personally, I'm looking into the rear suspension add-on by Road Handler to improve my ride.

Really, I never knew that! Now, I know this is going to be a bad question, but what do "sway bars" do for you? If I all ready have one, I wouldn't mind "trying" it out, if you know what I mean!

Peter

A sway bar helps reduce...errr... sway... yeah. Its just a bar that reduces body roll. :) If you get a thicker one... the bar itself doesnt bend as much... and gives you less body roll... I think thats right...

nick

I have a '95 XLT in the Willow Green color. I added a front sway bar to my Exploder after I lifted it and it helped reduce the sway during highway driving and the high cross-winds here. I remove it for off-road driving to let the vehicle use the suspension to it's max. I do notice a huge difference when driving up the canyon with the away bar removed.

Back