• Register Today It's free!

switch over

5.0 ranger

Reaction score
City, State
rapid city sd
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
i have a 92 ranger and am installing a 5.0L from a 83 stang. i was able to get the tranny also but am having trouble with the clutch. i used a clutch pedel and master cylinder from a 92 explorer and a slave cylinder from a 84 ranger will this combo not work or is there a secrete to bleeding it

Well, one trick on bleeding a stock system is to unbolt the master from the firewall, and tilt it so the end is lower than the piston. The angle it mounts on the firewall makes it a bubble trap.

Also, do a search here for "bleeding the clutch", etc. There's many threads. :thumbsup:

If the slave is from an 84 Ranger, does that mean the trans is from an 84 Ranger?:eek: How do you plan to make that handle the 5.0?

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

the tranny is tarnchel 4 which came out of the mustang i got the motor from the 84 rangers slave cylinder has a little ball on the end of the shaft that fits the clutch arm where the cable would have been on the mustang i just fabricated a braket to hold it in possition thanks for the bleeding tips

Back