Sync 21098 OTA Available | Page 6 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Sync 21098 OTA Available

UofMEngineer

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
20' Escape Hyb Titanium
Not so much. Someone at one of the Russian FF forums identifies the server links to new software packages when they're loaded, then posts links. CL and others then just use those links to make their own updaters. Once all the release process work is done, then you’d see the real Ford provided updates become available. There is no external beta fleet for SYNC 3. I believe they’ve started something like that on SYNC 4 though.

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Get rid of the ads!
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!
. First register on the forum, then join the Elite Explorers to get rid of the ads!

boiler662

Reaction score
City, State
Houston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020, Explorer, ST
Not so much. Someone at one of the Russian FF forums identifies the server links to new software packages when they're loaded, then posts links. CL and others then just use those links to make their own updaters. Once all the release process work is done, then you’d see the real Ford provided updates become available. There is no external beta fleet for SYNC 3. I believe they’ve started something like that on SYNC 4 though.
Wait...... company property from either Ford or a partner is accessible online?

UofMEngineer

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
20' Escape Hyb Titanium
Wait...... company property from either Ford or a partner is accessible online?

They seem to link to the OTA files. No clue how they originally managed to determine the links though. There are several sites I've seen that have made catalogs with links to direct download files, etc.

GeoTracker

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
My settings show Build 21098, is this the one that resolves Travel Link?

ClarkG

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer ST
With this update I’m getting very sporadic Travel Link function. Doesn’t work more often than it does. Also seems to work more when I’ve had Apple CarPlay plugged in. Which is odd.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Mine still works more than not.

rlh6805

Reaction score
City, State
Gaylord
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Expedition
With this update I’m getting very sporadic Travel Link function. Doesn’t work more often than it does. Also seems to work more when I’ve had Apple CarPlay plugged in. Which is odd.
Which update are you referring to?