Sync 21098 OTA Available | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 21098 OTA Available

Not so much. Someone at one of the Russian FF forums identifies the server links to new software packages when they're loaded, then posts links. CL and others then just use those links to make their own updaters. Once all the release process work is done, then you’d see the real Ford provided updates become available. There is no external beta fleet for SYNC 3. I believe they’ve started something like that on SYNC 4 though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not so much. Someone at one of the Russian FF forums identifies the server links to new software packages when they're loaded, then posts links. CL and others then just use those links to make their own updaters. Once all the release process work is done, then you’d see the real Ford provided updates become available. There is no external beta fleet for SYNC 3. I believe they’ve started something like that on SYNC 4 though.
Wait...... company property from either Ford or a partner is accessible online?

Wait...... company property from either Ford or a partner is accessible online?

They seem to link to the OTA files. No clue how they originally managed to determine the links though. There are several sites I've seen that have made catalogs with links to direct download files, etc.

My settings show Build 21098, is this the one that resolves Travel Link?

With this update I’m getting very sporadic Travel Link function. Doesn’t work more often than it does. Also seems to work more when I’ve had Apple CarPlay plugged in. Which is odd.

Mine still works more than not.

With this update I’m getting very sporadic Travel Link function. Doesn’t work more often than it does. Also seems to work more when I’ve had Apple CarPlay plugged in. Which is odd.
Which update are you referring to?

Back