sync 3 3.0 ... no waze support?

Cyrus221

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer, Limited
Hey everyone,

Is waze supposed to be in this update? I really, REALLY want the waze app but I can't get it to work. I downloaded 3.0 via USB and have an iPhone X. I tried crawling through google but I can't seem to find any info other than "its supposed to work."

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Can't help you with your question. I don't have a Smartphone.:) I'm sure someone will be along to help out. Waze will be available in 3.0!!!

Peter

Waze hasn't released their app that works with SYNC3 yet.

Waze hasn't released their app that works with SYNC3 yet.
omg are you serious?! LOL. I heard of people who had the unofficial 3.0 who had waze working(perhaps thru android)and I was so excited because I use waze everyday.

Waze didn't work on the previous version of Sync did it? I was able to use it with Android Auto but never thought it would be compatible with Sync.

Waze didn't work on the previous version of Sync did it? I was able to use it with Android Auto but never thought it would be compatible with Sync.

Waze has worked with Android Auto for awhile now. It has not worked with Apple Car Play. The new version of Waze when it comes out will act like an APP and Ford Sync 3 Ver 3 will be able to use it from an iPhone. I have not heard anything about it being used as an APP from an Android into Sync. I use it in AA all the time when I travel so Waze is my go to Nav, I use Iheart radio also, and the two work very well on a long trip though AA.

Every time I see app updates for my iPhone, I'm anxiously checking to see if Waze has been updated for this....not yet, but Waze says it's coming this month.

It is working on the F150's now. You have to disable carplay then hook up phone. Select Waze on phone then look for new Apps on sync. When my wife gets home I will try her phone and see. Some folks are reporting it might take ten minutes before it shows up.

I saw there was an update to Waze in the app store yesterday, but it was bug related. They didn't say anything about compatibility with Ford or anything like that.

Yup that is all it says not sure like I said I will try it.

Yup that is all it says not sure like I said I will try it.

That is great if it is now supported. I have to wait until the better half gets home this evening before I can try it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Mustang and my 2017 Explorer.... both Sync 3.0 build 18025 with ford nav...... updates Waze app........ NO WAZE ON EITHER VEHICLES

Well, I tried it and still no Waze. I'm about to give up. IMHO, it's a pissing contest being Google and Apple.

I checked with Waze and they said "It is rolling out throughout the month" - it sounds like not all owners may see it enabled at the same time.

That is great if it is now supported. I have to wait until the better half gets home this evening before I can try it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Yup, still no worky

After trying everything the last two days to duplicate others' success, I finally found the magic step.

I had to disable CarPlay for BOTH phones that had been added, not just mine which was always disabled. My wife uses CarPlay in the vehicle, but I was only trying to get Waze to show up via my iPhone X.

The other important step was to restart both the Waze app and AND the vehicle after disabling CarPlay on the other device(s). It didn't show up until I did that: turn off engine, open door, close door, start car. Then going to into AppLink Apps, the Waze icon was finally there.

Hope all this was worth it. I did notice that I'll have to re-learn Nav voice prompts all over again.

After trying everything the last two days to duplicate others' success, I finally found the magic step.

I had to disable CarPlay for BOTH phones that had been added, not just mine which was always disabled. My wife uses CarPlay in the vehicle, but I was only trying to get Waze to show up via my iPhone X.

The other important step was to restart both the Waze app and AND the vehicle after disabling CarPlay on the other device(s). It didn't show up until I did that: turn off engine, open door, close door, start car. Then going to into AppLink Apps, the Waze icon was finally there.

Hope all this was worth it. I did notice that I'll have to re-learn Nav voice prompts all over again.

Hmm interesting. Maybe the second phone is my issue. Will try again tonight - thanks for the tip!

Waze showed up for me today on my Sync 3 upgrade. I had to go to Mobile Apps > Update Apps while my phone was connected with a good internet connection. After connecting my phone a few more times it showed up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back