SYNC 3.4 Most recent version? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3.4 Most recent version?

I don't have any 14G391 file at all. I do have nav. I initially only had 6 files plus the license file in the SyncMyRide folder. All files except the license file are 14G386. The XML file appeared after the update completion.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't see that file on mine. I do have Nav

Just want to give UofMEngineer a shout out for what he does here. Thanks for all your help.

Dale

Check your update packages for a 14G391-BL (Non-Nav) or -CL (Nav). There seems to be an issue right now with some MY20 updaters not being fed the file. If it's not there, let me know and I'll get you fixed up.

Mine showed up today. It has a message that there is an issue trying to use WiFi to download so I tried to download and use USB. It tries to start downloading but fails and says that a technician was notified of an issue and to try later? Whats up with that?

and thanks for your contributions on this Forum UofMEngineer!

Mine showed up today. It has a message that there is an issue trying to use WiFi to download so I tried to download and use USB. It tries to start downloading but fails and says that a technician was notified of an issue and to try later? Whats up with that?

WiFi updates aren't switched on yet. The site being down, my hope, is to fix that issue I mentioned.

After driving around quite a bit today, I'm pretty sure it's not my imagination that this latest build has some substantial improvements in performance. Switching between main menus (Home -> Navigation -> Audio) is much faster and far more responsive. Even the 3D map display I use looks smoother driving around town. Up to now,I have not experienced any of the other issues folks have noticed such as missing camera images, but I sure didn't see anything like that today. Cautiously optimistic, I am!

Ken

Ken, did you see post #59 about a missing file? I added it to my folder and USB drive but haven't done the update to the update in the vehicle yet.

Peter

Ken, did you see post #59 about a missing file? I added it to my folder and USB drive but haven't done the update to the update in the vehicle yet.

Peter
Yes, and I was able to get it uploaded without an issue. Took about 5 mins as I recall. Does resolve the Sirius issue.

Ken

WiFi updates aren't switched on yet. The site being down, my hope, is to fix that issue I mentioned.

So I had 19101 which is the original version from last August. I updated to the newest version manually through CyanLabs. Logged into Syncmyride to check for the official version.. ran my VIN and it stated there was an update. Continued through the steps and clicked on "prepare my download" and then I get a message saying "Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.19101) is up to date"

So........??

So I had 19101 which is the original version from last August. I updated to the newest version manually through CyanLabs. Logged into Syncmyride to check for the official version.. ran my VIN and it stated there was an update. Continued through the steps and clicked on "prepare my download" and then I get a message saying "Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.19101) is up to date"

So........??

Yeah, site it still down / not serving updates. I think the CL update for NA was OK last I checked. If so, you're already on the latest release. No idea why they went with 3.4.43 for the name vs 3.4.20136. Easier to digest I guess? Only reason you'd need to pull that is if you wanted to run the XML generation tool at the end and report back to Ford that you updated.

Yeah, site it still down / not serving updates. I think the CL update for NA was OK last I checked. If so, you're already on the latest release. No idea why they went with 3.4.43 for the name vs 3.4.20136. Easier to digest I guess? Only reason you'd need to pull that is if you wanted to run the XML generation tool at the end and report back to Ford that you updated.

I just checked on the Ford Owners website for the latest Sync update. Entered my VIN and got this message, " Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.19200) is up to date." Can you say when the site might be back up and serving updates?

I just checked on the Ford Owners website for the latest Sync update. Entered my VIN and got this message, " Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.19200) is up to date." Can you say when the site might be back up and serving updates?

No idea to be honest.

Check your update packages for a 14G391-BL (Non-Nav) or -CL (Nav). There seems to be an issue right now with some MY20 updaters not being fed the file. If it's not there, let me know and I'll get you fixed up.
I managed to download and update Friday 7/31 but the download package only included:
5U5T-14G381-ED.tar.gz
GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VBB.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VEB.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VGA.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VHA.tar.gz

I have the portrait screen and navigation, am I missing a package?

I managed to download and update Friday 7/31 but the download package only included:
5U5T-14G381-ED.tar.gz
GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VBB.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VEB.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VGA.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VHA.tar.gz

I have the portrait screen and navigation, am I missing a package?

Yep, missing 14G391-CL. I'll shoot you a PM.

No luck for me so far. Ford sync website says my 19101 is the latest available.

The MY20 updates weren’t expected to be back online until late this week or this weekend last I heard. Check back in a couple days.

Just checked and still looks like new updates are not available, do you have any further updates for when it might be ready?

Just checked and still looks like new updates are not available, do you have any further updates for when it might be ready?

Haven’t heard anything new. Hopefully the next few days.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back