SYNC 3.4 Most recent version? | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3.4 Most recent version?

None. It’ll skip over everything that’s already installed anyway.
You were right. After inserting the drive display went straight to you are up to date but it did write a text file to the drive :
InterrogatorLog() +
CopyInterrogatorLog +
Interrogator log generation unsuccessful
CopyInterrogatorLog -
InterrogatorLog() -
getVINnumber thread already terminated

and no log file. Any other ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You were right. After inserting the drive display went straight to you are up to date but it did write a text file to the drive :
InterrogatorLog() +
CopyInterrogatorLog +
Interrogator log generation unsuccessful
CopyInterrogatorLog -
InterrogatorLog() -
getVINnumber thread already terminated

and no log file. Any other ideas?

You can always hook up to WiFi, run a manual update check and then give it a few days. That also should update it on the Ford side from memory.

You can always hook up to WiFi, run a manual update check and then give it a few days. That also should update it on the Ford side from memory.
It was not available OTA WIFI yet but I installed it from a USB drive in under 30 minutes on my way to work. I parked and left the USB in until 2 hours later started the car and the update was complete with no errors. I noticed no visual differences to my screens yet but the remote start and lock/unlock takes half as long to happen on the FordPass app. My last update was 20136 from a few months ago over WIFI. This was my first time trying to download to USB and install. Overall, it happens much faster probably due to my weak wifi signal in my driveway at home. Just has a few extra steps that's all. Compared to Sync 1 and 2, this one updates much faster.

Our sync screen is super unresponsive on first start, since fall, did the update didn’t help rhat, but with the rear camera Update they said it was a whole new system so I’ll see how the unit acts next week

Updating now to 20351.

Also updated to the newest Gracenotes.

Does the Wifi update really work?? When I tried to do it, the system said it had updated but the version didn't update and Ford continued to say I had a new version to update to. I ended up doing a USB update to get it done.

Does the Wifi update really work?? When I tried to do it, the system said it had updated but the version didn't update and Ford continued to say I had a new version to update to. I ended up doing a USB update to get it done.
It's never worked for me

The system is brutal, still telling me my 2021 is up to date with 20136 even though we know its two versions behind.

Oh well like every Ford multimedia system for the past 10 years it's off to the internet to get the latest software.

Yes, but they haven’t provided anything OTA yet for the more recent releases. I think one is coming here in a couple months after another USB one goes out.

It's never worked for me

The system is brutal, still telling me my 2021 is up to date with 20136 even though we know its two versions behind.

Oh well like every Ford multimedia system for the past 10 years it's off to the internet to get the latest software.
The site says I'm up-to-date with V3.4 build 20282.

Peter

Having an issue with SiriusXM Traffic, can anyone who has upgraded to v20351 advise if they are still getting SiriusXM Traffic. For those who might not know what it is, this is the SiriusXM Traffic flow information that displays on the Navigation screen as Green, Yellow, or Red lines on major roadways.

20210316_170801.jpg

Having an issue with SiriusXM Traffic, can anyone who has upgraded to v20351 advise if they are still getting SiriusXM Traffic. For those who might not know what it is, this is the SiriusXM Traffic flow information that displays on the Navigation screen as Green, Yellow, or Red lines on major roadways.
Where did you get the update to 20351? Mine still shows current with 20282

Did you do the refresh signal to see if that fixes it?

Did you do the refresh signal to see if that fixes it?

5X Phone calls to SiriusXM Tech Support, average 40-45 minutes per call.
7X Signal Refreshes, by them, each one reconfirming Radio ESN, Explorer in open air clear view of sky no buildings around.
3X cancel subscription, then immediately apply new subscription with new SiriusXM activation code from SiriusXM including Traffic
3X Turn radio off, turn car off, open drivers door for 4 minutes, close drivers door, turn car on, turn on SiriusXM radio
1X Battery disconnect for 30 minutes
2X Master Reset

Today they tried sending the radio a new activation code for SiriusXM Traffic Plus and including SiriusXM Travel Link, guess what ?..........it's all working including Traffic Services, so now I'm afraid to call back and remove Traffic Link and leave only Traffic Plus.

Where did you get the update to 20351? Mine still shows current with 20282

I know its not OEM but the update was quick and easy, things definitely quicker and smoother. Less screen transition time, no more screen lag. Quicker Nav map load time.

I know its not OEM but the update was quick and easy, things definitely quicker and smoother. Less screen transition time, no more screen lag. Quicker Nav map load time.
Thanks. I've seen that but have been chicken to try it. My luck I would pooch the thing. :dead:

Thanks. I've seen that but have been chicken to try it. My luck I would pooch the thing. :dead:

I have done a Ranger, F150 and Escape at work all no issues, plus my ST 2X no issues. You don't see too many issues on their blog

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have done a Ranger, F150 and Escape at work all no issues, plus my ST 2X no issues. You don't see too many issues on their blog
Well I may have to man up and try it. Thanks for the info.

Back