SYNC 3.4 Most recent version? | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3.4 Most recent version?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll wait for it to appear on my account. Likely not many changes anyway. Come to think of it, I should check to see if it downloaded via WiFi first.

Peter

I'll wait for it to appear on my account. Likely not many changes anyway. Come to think of it, I should check to see if it downloaded via WiFi first.

Peter
I waited and it did not update itself.
I did the original 3.0 to 3.4 update to fix a problem and to get new maps.

Peter

I have never seen a successful WiFi update on any of my three vehicles that have that capability, and thats with WiFi set up to connect at home and at work with good strong signal. That's two 2018MY vehicles and a 2021MY vehicle.

I update with cyanlabs or USB. For that reason, I turned off automatic wifi updates. Why waste the power when I get enough deep sleep alerts as is?

Just a heads up. Cyanlabs has Sync 3.4 21020. They also have map NA 2.20 but going to wait until Ford officially releases that for download to USB.

Just updated the other day. All went well.

Just a heads up. Cyanlabs has Sync 3.4 21020. They also have map NA 2.20 but going to wait until Ford officially releases that for download to USB.

So your going to wait till 2022? LOL!

OK, before I take the time to download and install this on my Platinum, what has changed???
What has been updated???
TBill

OK, before I take the time to download and install this on my Platinum, what has changed???
What has been updated???
TBill

I don't think they ever actually release a public change document like they do when you update an App at the App store. The big update for this one is the maps, I believe this is the first map update for v3.4

NA 1.19 came June 2020 IIRC. My 2020 Explorer had NA 1.18 from the factory.
Cyan labs has a new option to install just the NA 2.20 map for MY2020 vehicles (ie. no reformat). I just did it by hooking up my battery charger (fixed 14.2V), turning on ACC and plugging in my USB stick. Oddly, no pop-ups saying the car would shut down unless "OK" was pressed, and the entire process was about an hour.

Edit: supposedly opening and closing the door resets the 30 minute auto-off timer.

Cyan labs has a new option to install just the NA 2.20 map for MY2020 vehicles (ie. no reformat). I just did it by hooking up my battery charger (fixed 14.2V) and plugging in my USB stick. Oddly, no pop-ups saying the car would shut down unless "OK" was pressed, and the entire process was about an hour.
Thanks I will give that a try then

Are the NA119 maps the most recent on Ford's update site?

Yes.

I've read Sync 3.4 20351 is now rolling out on the Ford site
Still showing:
Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 v3.4.20282
As of a couple of days ago the update site was crashing. Now its up but no changes to above version.

I just updated mine to 3.4 21020 via cyanlabs. took about 2.5 hours it is a major upgrade. my 2020 limited still had the 1.18 maps since I got it last year. Map never updated even with the 3.4.20282 upgrade.

in the 21020 update voices, app grace notes and maps to 2.20. Animation on boot up and shutdown a little cleaner. APMI behaves quicker. I think over colors look better but not 100%.

Still showing:
Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 v3.4.20282
As of a couple of days ago the update site was crashing. Now its up but no changes to above version.

I just updated mine to 3.4 21020 via cyanlabs. took about 2.5 hours it is a major upgrade. my 2020 limited still had the 1.18 maps since I got it last year. Map never updated even with the 3.4.20282 upgrade.

in the 21020 update voices, app grace notes and maps to 2.20. Animation on boot up and shutdown a little cleaner. APMI behaves quicker. I think over colors look
No issues upgrading a 2020 MY?.........we bricked a vehicle at work trying the 21020 downgrade/upgrade.
better but not 100%.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No issues upgrading a 2020 MY?.........we bricked a vehicle at work trying the 21020 downgrade/upgrade.
Not sure what happened but you should not downgrade and reformat (which is was for map updates previously) a MY 2020 APIM, although it may still work if it was built in 2019 like mine was.

Also, Cyanlabs is currently recommending MY2020+ do the 21020 update separately from the NA 2.20 map update. Supposedly the Sync3 Updater has been updated for MY2020, or you can do the map update separately by preparing your own USB stick in the thread I linked previously. I used the Sync3 Updater to prepare the USB stick for 21020 and then prepared the USB stick myself for the map update. Everything seems snappy, although I don't use the stock navigation very much.

Back