Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates

I believe I've checked weather and traffic. I'll verify that again. As for movie times and fuel prices, I don't think those have ever displayed anything ever.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yesterday trying to use SiriusXM presets, touch a channel, nothing, touch another nothing, then the display will show a channel I never touched but the presets don't allow you to change it. Use of the manual channel changing right physical knob doesn't do anything either. About an hour later started to work again. I love my ST but this is rediculous considering SYNC3 is end of life and should be perfected not beta quality.

Peter, after it shows subscribed have you clicked on say weather, traffic or fuel prices to see if it brings them up? The one that work most often for me are movie times that I could care less about. And that's only if it decides to show subscribed.
Hi Dale. I confirmed that every subscribed feature works although Movie Listings doesn't show anything. Found our ski conditions are not exactly ideal. ;) Some will not work if the vehicle is in motion.

Peter

Hi Dale. I confirmed that every subscribed feature works although Movie Listings doesn't show anything. Found our ski conditions are not exactly ideal. ;) Some will not work if the vehicle is in motion.

Peter
Sounds like yours is working as it should Peter. I'm at the dealer right now waiting. It sounds like it won't be fixed today and they will be opening a case with Ford.

Sounds like yours is working as it should Peter. I'm at the dealer right now waiting. It sounds like it won't be fixed today and they will be opening a case with Ford.
Dale If you can get a case number it might help me tomorrow when I see my dealer.

Dale If you can get a case number it might help me tomorrow when I see my dealer.
I just checked and they don't have a number at this time. If I do get one I'll let you know.

I just checked and they don't have a number at this time. If I do get one I'll let you know.
So I stopped by the dealership today and to no surprise they have not received any word from the hotline or the local rep. I insisted that they start a case (# CAS-31947501ZNY9). Speaking again with the service manager I told him that this is now getting absurd and that he personally contact his regional rep. I pass there going to a from work and will be stopping there daily. If I get no response I will demand they give me the number of regional rep and I will contact him directly.

So I stopped by the dealership today and to no surprise they have not received any word from the hotline or the local rep. I insisted that they start a case (# CAS-31947501ZNY9). Speaking again with the service manager I told him that this is now getting absurd and that he personally contact his regional rep. I pass there going to a from work and will be stopping there daily. If I get no response I will demand they give me the number of regional rep and I will contact him directly.
Sounds like you had the same luck I did. Except you have a case number and I'm still waiting on one.

Sounds like you had the same luck I did. Except you have a case number and I'm still waiting on one.
Some interesting info to report today. The regional rep received a response from someone on the IVT Team. He said that this is now a known issue and they have yet to find a fix. He also said that a roll back of the software will not solve the problem. He suggested that I do a master reset and see what that does (we know the answer to that). However, he noted that looking at the diagnostics info constantly sent that there was a recurring "abnormal" DTC code from the APIM concerning a communication error and suggested that the dealer run a complete check of the APIM and replace it if necessary. I have an appointment on Monday for that. If it needs a new APIM that's another 3 -5 day delay. But that does not necessarily solve the problem.

The "IVT Team" is a phrase I haven't heard in a while. They used to have a rep on this Forum until about 3 years ago.

Peter

If it continues to act up and you want to roll back to 3.4.20282, let me know.
I still have the zip file (5U5T-14G381-EK.zip) from when I installed 20282 last January. If (and that's a big "if") I decide to try the "rollback fix", is that all I need to roll back from 21020?

I still have the zip file (5U5T-14G381-EK.zip) from when I installed 20282 last January. If (and that's a big "if") I decide to try the "rollback fix", is that all I need to roll back from 21020?

From the Owner site? Yep, that’s all you’d need.

From the Owner site? Yep, that’s all you’d need.
Yes, it's from the Owner site. I think I'll wait on a rollback until the OTA download of the 13 files for the 2.20 map update has finished. It started several days ago, and I don't know how many files have downloaded. 4U5T-14G421-CDD_1615428467000.TAR.GZ downloaded last night. It still shows 1.19 so I guess I've got a ways to go. Maybe by the time it's finished, 21098 will be available through the Owner site. Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it's from the Owner site. I think I'll wait on a rollback until the OTA download of the 13 files for the 2.20 map update has finished. It started several days ago, and I don't know how many files have downloaded. 4U5T-14G421-CDD_1615428467000.TAR.GZ downloaded last night. It still shows 1.19 so I guess I've got a ways to go. Maybe by the time it's finished, 21098 will be available through the Owner site. Thanks for the reply.
Looking back at mine I think that is file number 3 so you have a way to go. If you do decide to roll back make sure to turn off OTA updates and disconnect from WIFI. I left WIFI on and Ford pushed 21020 back to me.

Looking back at mine I think that is file number 3 so you have a way to go. If you do decide to roll back make sure to turn off OTA updates and disconnect from WIFI. I left WIFI on and Ford pushed 21020 back to me.
Didn't you initially download it from the site and install it via the USB method? If so, it seems strange that it updated again OTA after you rolled it back. Is it possible that 21020 wasn't actually fully deleted?

Peter

Didn't you initially download it from the site and install it via the USB method? If so, it seems strange that it updated again OTA after you rolled it back. Is it possible that 21020 wasn't actually fully deleted?

Peter
21020 was downloaded from the Ford site and then installed. On the 19th I rolled it back to 20282. Then on the 21st when I started my Explorer I noticed it said the software had been updated. I then was back at 21020. Ken St John had this happen on the 21st also and I think his dealer had rolled his back. I don't have a way to tell if it was fully deleted when I rolled it back. If I don't get any where with my dealer this week I think I will try rolling it back again. And make sure to turn the WIFI off.

21020 was downloaded from the Ford site and then installed. On the 19th I rolled it back to 20282. Then on the 21st when I started my Explorer I noticed it said the software had been updated. I then was back at 21020. Ken St John had this happen on the 21st also and I think his dealer had rolled his back. I don't have a way to tell if it was fully deleted when I rolled it back. If I don't get any where with my dealer this week I think I will try rolling it back again. And make sure to turn the WIFI off.
I’m wondering how 20282 will interact with 2.20 map files. I’m especially concerned about rolling back while the 2.20 download is still in progress. I’ve got a long road trip coming up later this month. I’d sure like to have this mess resolved but I’m not holding my breath. Thanks for the info.

I’m wondering how 20282 will interact with 2.20 map files. I’m especially concerned about rolling back while the 2.20 download is still in progress. I’ve got a long road trip coming up later this month. I’d sure like to have this mess resolved but I’m not holding my breath. Thanks for the info.
20282 worked fine with the new map while I had it. I did have the map fully updated before I rolled the SYNC back. Not sure if it would make a difference part way with the map update. I doubt it would but might be best to wait until it's done. If you have Android Auto or Apple car play that would be a work around if it's not resolved before your road trip.

For some reason I have a feeling that it wasn't forced back and that it may still have resided within some memory, especially since you had software updates turned OFF. If Ford was able to do an OTA update, we should be able to do the same I would think. :dunno:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

20282 worked fine with the new map while I had it. I did have the map fully updated before I rolled the SYNC back. Not sure if it would make a difference part way with the map update. I doubt it would but might be best to wait until it's done. If you have Android Auto or Apple car play that would be a work around if it's not resolved before your road trip.
Good suggestion re CarPlay. I've never really used it, but looks like now's the time to give it a try.

Back