Sync 3 GPS only allows 50 favorite destinations | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3 GPS only allows 50 favorite destinations

Reaction score
City, State
Mesa, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I just found out my Explorer GPS only can store 50 favorite destinations. Yikes. Outside sales - I have many more than that. I guess it is back to the Garmin.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I discovered that as well. I probably had over two hundred favorites in my Garmin. Very disappointed in that. There are many quirks in the GPS system. For example, if you try to access the Favorites list with voice commands while driving, only the first 20 will come up. You can only get to the remaining favorites when the vehicle is stopped.

Does anyone know if there are updates to the GPS software or firmware? My Explorer is a 2017 model.

For example, if you try to access the Favorites list with voice commands while driving, only the first 20 will come up. You can only get to the remaining favorites when the vehicle is stopped.

That's done for NHTSA driver distraction guidelines. But, I don't believe they have increased the favorites beyond 50 in subsequent software releases.

Looks more like a software bug to me. I think it tries to go to the next page, but it keeps going back to the first page.

Looks more like a software bug to me. I think it tries to go to the next page, but it keeps going back to the first page.

OK, yeah jumping back would likely be some sort of UI bug related to the driver distraction rule. When you get through to the limit, I think 35 or 6-8 pages (forget exactly), then you should hear a fail chime when trying to scroll down further as voice is told you're unable to scroll any further.

Back