Sync 3 keeps resetting iPhone ringer volume | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3 keeps resetting iPhone ringer volume

I don’t believe the latest round of the ringer increasing is a SYNC issue. I’ve been through the ringer blasting me out in 2 different vehicles caused by SYNC for a few years. Now with the stay at home I get the ringer volume at full blast and I’ve not been in my car for a couple days. I’ve noticed when doing different things on my iPhone the ringer volume display will show up. Sometimes at full volume.

Sometime I think it is, then sometimes I don't.

Even if I don't use Siri it happens. I should try plugging in to CarPlay to see if it happens then. And sometimes if I connect via Bluetooth and don't use it it happens. Sometimes it is hit or miss.

Not sure whose fault it is. Maybe iOS 13.5 will fix it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this just an issue with the iPhone?

Peter

I don’t believe the latest round of the ringer increasing is a SYNC issue. I’ve been through the ringer blasting me out in 2 different vehicles caused by SYNC for a few years. Now with the stay at home I get the ringer volume at full blast and I’ve not been in my car for a couple days. I’ve noticed when doing different things on my iPhone the ringer volume display will show up. Sometimes at full volume.

Interesting, I'll have to pay more attention. This is my wife's car -- my Audi is definitely the only culprit for me. Never happens unless I've been in there and connected to BT.

Sometime I think it is, then sometimes I don't.

Even if I don't use Siri it happens. I should try plugging in to CarPlay to see if it happens then. And sometimes if I connect via Bluetooth and don't use it it happens. Sometimes it is hit or miss.

Not sure whose fault it is. Maybe iOS 13.5 will fix it.

I don't think I've seen it happen with CarPlay. Also there are times when I like flip my phone open (unlock it) at a light or while someone else is driving and I catch it in the act. Sometimes if I go in the car and do NOTHING with the phone, the ringer is left untouched.

I don't think I've seen it happen with CarPlay. Also there are times when I like flip my phone open (unlock it) at a light or while someone else is driving and I catch it in the act. Sometimes if I go in the car and do NOTHING with the phone, the ringer is left untouched.

I meant after using CarPlay.

Same thing here, do nothing, and sometimes its ok.

Just installed iOS 13.5 today. I’ll see tomorrow when I drive my Explorer. Hopefully the bug is squished.

Anyone else try yet?

Still not fixed for me. iOS 13.5, SYNC 3.4 20021.

For me looks like the issue is back on iOS 14.3.

Anyone else notice?

I have the issue even when not in my car.

The volume on your iPhone is at full when you turn off your Exp?

That is the issue I’m having.

No one else?

Has to be iOS 14.3 then.

I think I figured it out. At least for now.

The radio said my phone was connected. I got texts on the display. However I tried to play music via voice command and it didn’t work. It said my playlists were empty.

I disconnected and then reconnected my phone via Bluetooth.

Then I went to my phone and played music and selected Explorer. It played through the system.

The next day the same voice command worked. And now my phone ringer is NOT at full blast when I shut the car off

Well the problem is back. Had been for a bit. Not sure why this is happening.

No one else?

Back