NEWPORTNJ

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
ST.
As anyone notice or has issues with the sync3 navigator freezing up. Before it was pull fuse and it would go back. Now i don't know which is the fuse. or how to reboot it ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could try rebooting the APIM.

Have the radio on first. Hold the seek button and the power button at the same time until it shuts down and restarts.

I have noticed my Nav takes a bit to load after I start up. Then it seems ok.

When navigation freezes up are you able to exit the screen? If so maybe a Master Reset might help. Also, did you check your Manual for the correct fuse?

Peter

I've had it where Navigation says "loading" and never seems to load. I will do a reset of Sync (power + fwd) and it'll boot up fine.

Interesting. I've not had that issue. Otoh, only tried the factory nav once. When I realized it wanted me to type in all the info ? Not ......... Thank you google maps. ymmv

When navigation freezes up are you able to exit the screen? If so maybe a Master Reset might help. Also, did you check your Manual for the correct fuse?

Peter
I checked manual for fuse and it said fuse 32 radio. I thought it was that since its all connected, but after i turned car off and turned back on a few hours alter it came back but it stir lags.

My navigation has been working very well. I've used many times so far and everything was done using voice commands A couple times it seems as though the last word from the system got cut off.

Peter

My navigation has been working very well. I've used many times so far and everything was done using voice commands A couple times it seems as though the last word from the system got cut off.

Peter
Mine works well, i just fine that it lags too much.

You could try rebooting the APIM.

Have the radio on first. Hold the seek button and the power button at the same time until it shuts down and restarts.

I have noticed my Nav takes a bit to load after I start up. Then it seems ok.
when i hold the seek button which way left or right

Ford to Roll Out Sync 4 Infotainment, Wireless Connectivity

Touchscreens will measure as huge as 15.5 inches, and the Sync 4 system will come with smoother over-the-air updates and multitasking screens.

4d9afe9d-d2e5-4a30-8559-31de55b5441f_1564432922.file

By Sebastian Blanco
OCT 30, 2019

ford-ota-technology-1572401487.jpg

Ford
  • Ford will put Sync 4 infotainment software on upcoming models; it can learn your habits and connects to the cloud and the user's smartphone wirelessly.
  • New over-the-air updates for Ford vehicles will be "virtually invisible to customers."
  • All this tech, on touchscreens from eight to more than 15 inches, will start coming to new and redesigned Fords in 2020. Which ones? Ford isn't saying yet.
Ford is bringing big updates to the increasingly big screens in its upcoming vehicles. Some of those updates will come in the form of an advanced version of the over-the-air technology that the company promises will be "virtually invisible to customers." The other will be through the introduction of Sync 4, the latest version of Ford's in-dash software, to select Ford vehicles that the automaker has not yet named.

Since the 2016 model year, Ford vehicles that have the Sync 3 with navigation infotainment system have been updatable using Wi-Fi or with a USB drive that has the new code on it. With this now improved over-the-air (OTA) service, when Ford pushes an update to vehicles, the cars will download the new software in the background but keep running the current software until it can activate the new version. This update method is "something that no other vehicle, or even some popular smartphones, can do today," Ford says.

Related Story

2020 Ford Explorer's Giant Vertical Touchscreen

The new OTA tech will be available on most redesigned Ford vehicles in the U.S. starting in 2020, Ford says.

06-12inch-1572403868.jpg

Ford
Sync 4 for New Big Screens
Continuing with the wireless theme, one of the big improvements in Sync 4 is cloud connectivity for improved performance, as well as cord-free compatibility with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Sync AppLink. The stronger cloud connection will let drivers have easier conversations with their cars to search for information on restaurants, the nearest electric-vehicle charge station, or sending texts or emails. Cloud connectivity will come standard with vehicles that have Sync 4. Wireless charging for phones will also be available.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back