Sync 3 navigation releases software for 02/2021 version | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3 navigation releases software for 02/2021 version

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Recently came over from a Ram truck so the Sync 3 updates are new to me. I see there a two updates listed, one $40 and the other one a free download. Are they the same update and I'm paying for them to download and supply the USB or are there differences that the $40 gives access to further improvements.

Thanks

I input my VIN and got 4 options, from 239, 199, 149 and 109. Did you use your VIN? Maybe it's cheaper for the newer generations. I'll try the Pirate Bay for a map torrent.

Recently came over from a Ram truck so the Sync 3 updates are new to me. I see there a two updates listed, one $40 and the other one a free download. Are they the same update and I'm paying for them to download and supply the USB or are there differences that the $40 gives access to further improvements.

Thanks
They are the same. You are paying for their work, the thumb drive, mailing etc.
I have downloaded a similar update for my Aviator but since it seems to take about 30 minutes to load it into the vehicle and it has to be running, I'm waiting until I have a 30-minute or so drive to take,

Peter

Thanks
You used this site? Ford - Sync3 Map Update

You may want to try cyan-labs.net's syn3 updater. You can also use it to update to newer "unsupported" sync versions as well on older vehicles. Or just install the latest and greatest maps, Ford's software is super clunky IMHO and cyanlab's just works once you figure out how to set it up. I believe after a certain point you can't get free map updates from Ford's websites but cyanlab's software just downloads the packages directly from a Ford support website and they work fine.

They are the same. You are paying for their work, the thumb drive, mailing etc.
I have downloaded a similar update for my Aviator but since it seems to take about 30 minutes to load it into the vehicle and it has to be running, I'm waiting until I have a 30-minute or so drive to take,

Peter
Loaded the map update 2.21 and all is good.

Back