sync 3 V2.0 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sync 3 V2.0

I had a 2013 Edge Sport, the left side display area would show the gallons of fuel used, I wish I had that on my Ex, I would like to see the gear number as well..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PIS? PIU? LEO? Interesting that you got that impression from the MFT people. RIP MFT! At least QNX replaced MSFT and gave us a more satisfying user experience. That uses up my acronym quota for this post. :D

Not just bug fixes, but product enhancements prompted by feedback should be an ongoing thing. For example, I want the tach display to include which numerical gear is in use at all times, not just when the paddles are in play. It's a few lines of code. Maybe I'm not the only Explorer driver who wishes for that; Ford could find that out if they were listening, and easily make it so.

Customers shouldn't have to resort to 3rd party workarounds like Forscan to stop "double honk" or to get "dark car" or to just keep the dadgum radio playing longer without the engine running.

By the way, I'm intrigued by your "VanBC/GoodyearAZ" location line. Got to be a story there. My guess is you in AZ and son/daughter in Vancouver.

the numerical gear would be great, also would like for the temperature guage to show with the digital tach.

yes on temperature gauge, fuel gallons

.........Not just bug fixes, but product enhancements prompted by feedback should be an ongoing thing. For example, I want the tach display to include which numerical gear is in use at all times, not just when the paddles are in play. It's a few lines of code. Maybe I'm not the only Explorer driver who wishes for that; Ford could find that out if they were listening, and easily make it so.
That is what Ford Social supposedly is for. You submit your ideas there and presumably someone from Ford looks through the suggestions. I'm only aware of 1 that was implemented but then I haven't checked that site for quite a while.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/submit-your-ideas-to-ford-link-updated.401892/

Peter

While connected to home WiFi with a good strong signal I'm trying "Search for Updates" and its just hanging for hours, did a module reset (press left arrow and power simultaneously) and still the same thing.

If there are no updates it would advise you in about 60-90 seconds.

Is anyone also seeing this?

While connected to home WiFi with a good strong signal I'm trying "Search for Updates" and its just hanging for hours, did a module reset (press left arrow and power simultaneously) and still the same thing.

If there are no updates it would advise you in about 60-90 seconds.

Is anyone also seeing this?
Same thing here. It was just searching and searching (spinning) so after 2 minutes I terminated it.

Peter

Wondering if anyone else if getting spinning circles when scanning for update? (Btw...I'm not aware of any update, just curious.) My last successful check was 1/22/17 and it's reporting sync3 v2 build 16074 which is what I had a delivery.

Wondering if anyone else if getting spinning circles when scanning for update? (Btw...I'm not aware of any update, just curious.) My last successful check was 1/22/17 and it's reporting sync3 v2 build 16074 which is what I had a delivery.
Merged with this thread

I did a Master Reset and it goes away.

1st post here (FYI) and I have had all kinds of problems with my 2017 Sync3 playing music media from my iPhone 7, ios 10.3 (started with ios 10). Sometimes it will work, sometimes not, etc. Dealership had for 2+ weeks and couldn't discover the issue.

I read that upgrading to v2.2 (which I have a copy of) will fix some of my issues. However in the instructions I have it clearly reads:

IF YOU USE THIS ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN 1.0/1.1 YOU WILL RUIN YOUR UNIT...YOU WERE WARNED

I have version 2.0 (not 1.0 or 1.1)...has anyone upgraded to 2.2 from 2.0?

Thanks

PS My Sync3 issues (too much to do into) have left people so many people scratching their heads, my dealer is getting an engineer to come out but who knows when that will be.

1st post here (FYI) and I have had all kinds of problems with my 2017 Sync3 playing music media from my iPhone 7, ios 10.3 (started with ios 10). Sometimes it will work, sometimes not, etc. Dealership had for 2+ weeks and couldn't discover the issue.

I read that upgrading to v2.2 (which I have a copy of) will fix some of my issues. However in the instructions I have it clearly reads:

IF YOU USE THIS ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN 1.0/1.1 YOU WILL RUIN YOUR UNIT...YOU WERE WARNED

Thanks

PS My Sync3 issues (too much to do into) have left people so many people scratching their heads, my dealer is getting an engineer to come out but who knows when that will be.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As far as I know all the 2017 Explorers came with version 2.0. I believe V1.0 and 1.1 were on the 2016 models that Ford released with Sync 3 before it was released on the 2017 Explorer as V2.0.

Peter

Thanks

Try reverse pairing. Delete sync from phone and phone from sync. Start add Bluetooth device, when it starts hit the button at bottom of screen, says something to the effect of discover other devices. Then sync will find your phone and finish pairing. I've solved many minor issues with sync pairing in this manner. It works pretty flawlessly on v2. Every time you upgrade to a new version of iOS you need to do this.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As far as I know all the 2017 Explorers came with version 2.0. I believe V1.0 and 1.1 were on the 2016 models that Ford released with Sync 3 before it was released on the 2017 Explorer as V2.0.

Peter

Hi and thank you

Yes, 2017 came with v2.0 but it is messed up when trying to use Sync 3 and USB cord. I've heard several of the same issue but they said once you go from v2.0 to v2.2, USB seems to work much better with Sync 3.

Only issue was the instructions on the v 2.2 I have says "IF YOU USE THIS ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN 1.0/1.1 YOU WILL RUIN YOUR UNIT...YOU WERE WARNED" which makes me a bit concerned...

Try reverse pairing. Delete sync from phone and phone from sync. Start add Bluetooth device, when it starts hit the button at bottom of screen, says something to the effect of discover other devices. Then sync will find your phone and finish pairing. I've solved many minor issues with sync pairing in this manner. It works pretty flawlessly on v2. Every time you upgrade to a new version of iOS you need to do this.

Thanks Lewisra, but unfortunately I have done this....several times. No dice.

And for the record, Bluetooth works fine (never had a problem), but I know you may not mean that in your post. Its just connecting with my USB cord. Was at Ford for 2+ weeks. Never could find out what the issue was. Now i'm waiting on an engineer to come out on site.

But if the v2.2 fixes it, i'd like to get it done. Purchased in Sept of 2016. Had issues ever since...its not fun :(

Back