Sync and Center consol issues

Stevie70452

Reaction score
City, State
NATCHEZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer limited
Hello all,

My wife's Explorer is having issues and it is difficult for me to diagnose halfway across the country. I haven't seen this issue on any of the forums and need some help.

It sounds as if the fan speed down button is constantly being pressed. She can occasionally turn the speed up but it goes right back down. You can hear the tone that a button is being pressed but she isn't doing it. She has tried to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for about 10 minutes but the problem persists.

Has anybody else had this issue and know what the fix is?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Stevie. :wave:
Has she tried adjusting the fan speed using the MFT screen in the Climate sector? It almost sounds as though there may be a short/bad connection or it could be a control module.

Peter

Yes sir she did. I had her attempting to adjust everything in various ways. The screen can adjust it but it goes back. Also when she turned off the button sound in settings, the button press sound kept going. I assume that the setting only controls it for the touchscreen and not for the center console which led me to think center console was the issue vs the touchscreen.

Those touch panels do go bad. That would be my bet.

So speaking with her again I got a few more details. She took it to get washed today. I am currently wondering if her sunroof drain holes are clogged again forcing water to leak into the inside of the car behind the panel.

It has stopped acting up which makes me wonder if that water dried. I think I am going to have her blow the drain holes out and see if it happens again on the next rain.

Clogged moonroof drain holes usually result in water pooling in the footwells but I guess it could be a possibility. Be very careful when blowing out those drain tubes.

Peter

Back