• Register Today It's free!

Sync and phone volume

Haverstrawman

Reaction score
City, State
Haverstraw, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 limited
I have a 2011 Limited and the problem is the sound level when using the phone through the Sync. People can hardly hear me on thier end, so much so i usally get a "sorry your voice is so low, must be a bad connection you will have to call back".......

Is there a volume control for the microphone in my explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No there isn't. You don't have the mic obstructed at all do you?

I keep the interior very clean and neat and I do not know where the mic is. I was reading that Iphones have a bluetooth volume control on the phone and that may have a influence on the sync system. I plan on turning the volume down on the phone and them sync and turn the volume (bluetooth) up and see if it has an effect, it eill be a few days until I can try this.

If it's like other years it up by the driver sunvisor.

I can clearly see it and nothing obstructing it, Thanks. I do not know what MFT is.

Hi Haverstrawman,

MFT is short for MyFord Touch. :)

I agree with you about checking your iPhone settings first and if that doesn't resolve the issue, let me know and we'll try a couple other things.

Rebecca

Sorry for the long delay for getting back...........I talked to another explorer owner and he said that to just turn the volume up on the radio when using sync and the phone........problem solved...when I turned the volume control up and using the phone everything worked just fine...........hearing me on the phone was very good...

Back