Sync, bluetooth problem with new Tracfone | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync, bluetooth problem with new Tracfone

Reaction score
City, State
RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer,4.0 LTD 4x4
I just got a new Tracfone LG840g. My old Tracfone Samsung T301g connected just fine to my 2008 Explorer and also to my wife's 2010 Escape, and was great for hands free calling.

The new LG840g will make a connection of sorts to both vehicles, they will each recognize the new phone and give a pin # to put in the phone. and the phone shows sync as a bluetooth device.

When I try to make a call, the response is no phone is connected, I will try to connect one. But there is never any connection on either vehicle. We have 2 of these phones that we like very much and the cost is very reasonable.

Has anyone else bought these phones and if so did you have any success connecting to Sync ?

Thanks for any help.

Hey, 2008explorer4x4 -

Most Tracfones don't work with SYNC, but you can try to reverse pair it:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/reverse-pair-phone-sync

Let me know how it goes! :)

Rebecca

Thanks for the reply, but as I said my old Tracfone Samsung T301g worked perfectly in both of our sync equipped vehicles, so some Tracfones must work with Sync. The new phone has bluetooth, so it seems like it should connect. It has to be an issue with this phone or Sync not able to connect with it.

PS I did try the reverse pair where you ask for another pin number and get a 4 digit pin instead of the the original one. That didn't work any better ?

Back