SYNC Build 21194 Is Released by Ford | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC Build 21194 Is Released by Ford

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford has released 21194 this morning. Either OTA or on the web. Just started downloading it.
Thanks for the heads up Dale. So we'll all be waiting to hear if it actually fixes the Travel Link issue.

Thanks for the heads up Dale. So we'll all be waiting to hear if it actually fixes the Travel Link issue.
So far it's working but it will take more starts to be sure. I think there is a new map update downloading also. Ford Owners website says it's available Sept 1st but mine has been updating for close to 3 hour now. It shows build number 21194 and it's still downloading updates.

Mine is downloading a file.

Mine is downloading a file.

I thought this was still a few days out. Interesting. In any case, it's likely two files, apps and the voice. If you use the SYNC VR for making phone calls, I suggest doing a forced contact download, contact update, or re-pair the phone. There are a number of improvements there but it'll need to regenerate the entries. Master reset works too, but that's only useful if you're coming from something very old, plus it can be a pain to re-do everything if you have Nav favorites and all that.

Yes, it does. I haven't had any problems like I was prior.

Ford has released 21194 this morning. Either OTA or on the web. Just started downloading it.
Thanks. Just now started the download OTA. Hope it's relatively small.

Thanks. Just now started the download OTA. Hope it's relatively small.

NA NAV is ~1.2GB total for the two files. ~2.3GB for Non-Nav since the voice package is larger.

NA NAV is ~1.2GB total for the two files. ~2.3GB for Non-Nav since the voice package is larger.
Thanks. While the OTA download is working, I downloaded 21194 to my PC, and these are the files it shows in the download:
5U5T-14G381-ET.tar.gz
5U5T-14G391-CP.tar.gz
GB5T-14G386-AD.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VBB.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VEB.tar.gz
LU5T-14G386-CA.tar.gz

The first two are the big ones you mentioned.

Mine has been on the first file since noon.

Peter

It was a slow update. Mine took so long that the Explorer went into battery save mode. I wish I had downloaded it off the web. And I ws wrong about a map update. So we have that to look forward to next month. On the bright side Travel Link worked every time I turned the radio on today. So it looks promising that this is the fi we have been looking for.

It was a slow update. Mine took so long that the Explorer went into battery save mode. I wish I had downloaded it off the web. And I ws wrong about a map update. So we have that to look forward to next month. On the bright side Travel Link worked every time I turned the radio on today. So it looks promising that this is the fi we have been looking for.
You know it downloads with the vehicle off, you don't have to sit there with it on and watch it.

downloaded it to a flash drive, took about 35 minutes to update once plugged into the USB port. I will report back to any changes I see later on.

TBill

You know it downloads with the vehicle off, you don't have to sit there with it on and watch it.
Mine only seems to download if I turn the radio on then stops once it times out.

Thanks for the post, my OTA WiFi connection indicated my version was current until I selected Scan for Updates and the new TAR.GZ files started to download.

Thanks. While the OTA download is working, I downloaded 21194 to my PC, and these are the files it shows in the download:
5U5T-14G381-ET.tar.gz
5U5T-14G391-CP.tar.gz
GB5T-14G386-AD.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VBB.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VEB.tar.gz
LU5T-14G386-CA.tar.gz

The first two are the big ones you mentioned.

Think you are missing one file there. Here is what I got:

Sync 3.4.21194_files.png

Looks like the system sees you as having an outdated Gracenote database, so it pushed the latest one to you.
Cool. Thanks. I've got it on my USB stick and am gonna install it as soon as my wife gets back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found it on the owner site as I have had the wifi/auto update function disabled. Cyan's 21194 has been OK, but I really feel better being legit!! After install, I'll even take a chance and re-enable wifi/auto update. Hopefully Ford has learned a few lessons from this mess.

Ken

Back