SYNC Build 21194 Is Released by Ford | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC Build 21194 Is Released by Ford

Do the update then. I would suggest going to the Ford Owners site and down load it from there. The OTA for me took a long time.
Got on the Ford Owners site and plugged in my VIN. Showed update available. Downloaded it and put it on a 4 gb flash drive. Plenty of room on it. It only took about 15 minutes to upload to the Explorer. Prior to the plugging in the flash drive, I had turned it on and off a couple of times and the siriusxm locked up. Once complete and I cycled the Explorer off then back on the radio was back working and 21194 showing. All good, I guess. 👍

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Didn't. Mine rarely loasds.
So far so good for me with 21194. It's been over a week and TL is there on each start up.
It's fixed mine so far also. Travel Link has loaded each time and Sirius audio has worked at all times. Pretty happy with this update.

My account has still not updated Dale.

Peter

My account has still not updated Dale.

Peter

Mine showed as updated last Thursday. Prior to that I had contacted Ford and they said it could take up to 30 days for the update.

Mine showed as updated last Thursday. Prior to that I had contacted Ford and they said it could take up to 30 days for the update.
For me, the website still shows 21194 as an available update. But it's only been a little over a week.

Ford has released 21194 this morning. Either OTA or on the web. Just started downloading it.
Fix some problems, but what should be fixed is the Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to work in full screen, but apparently Ford is not in that, it is uncomfortable to use these services on such a small screen

Anyone seen the back up camera blue screen since installing 21194?........next ignition cycle it was gone, be interested if anyone else sees it.

Ford Explorer RVC Blue Screen.jpeg

Anyone seen the back up camera blue screen since installing 21194?........next ignition cycle it was gone, be interested if anyone else sees it.

View attachment 342444
Happened to me twice today! They fixed Sirius and messed up the camera? WTF! I may be wrong but using Navigation seems to slow things down and causes this too maybe?

Nope, hasn’t happen on mine yet either…..knock on wood!

Happened to me twice today! They fixed Sirius and messed up the camera? WTF! I may be wrong but using Navigation seems to slow things down and causes this too maybe?

I wonder if this will ever end......actually its really sad that a company like Ford has such a poorly engineered and executed product. I will start sending emails to my contacts in Dearborn yet again.

Have you guys had your camera swapped out for the recall yet?

Sirius still faults after update. Usually during brief shutdowns such as fueling up or a
Mine has no Sirius problems at all after the 21194 update.
Will that update work on a 2008 Explorer
Mine has no Sirius problems at all after the 21194 update.

quick errand. It seems to require around 10 minutes between startups to reset. This only effects the 2020 Platinum not our 2016 Sport…weird!

It could just be the noted camera issue on which there is a TSB and unrelated to the update. Not sure though.

Peter

Ahh yes, it was 2020 only, I was thinking it was both.

View attachment 342444
I did see this last week, but thought it was a fluke. Will be looking out for it.

My Explorer didn't get a notice for the camera recall - my son's Escape did but the Explorer did not so I thought mine was not affected.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it keeps happening you can run it in to have the dealer check if there are any IPMB or APIM DTCs stored.

Back