• Register Today It's free!

sync Destinations Iphone App

WDinSD

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Anyone have any neat tricks for the Iphone App. I've just started playing with it.

It allows you to add up to 25 points (destinations) on your Iphone and name them. When you get in your car you can say Navigation and as an example vacation. Then it will use your phones GPS to give you directions, traffic and weather to the destination. I've only used it once and it worked well for me. I'm in an area with good cellphone coverage.

(this is for Sync with turn by turn directions not navigation)

You can also use google maps on your pc or probably android phone and send the maps to sync.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33740

What is the name of the app? I found it in the android market but unable to find it in the apple app store. Thanks in advance.

What is the name of the app? I found it in the android market but unable to find it in the apple app store. Thanks in advance.

sync destinations (has the circle with the R in it) it's free.

I found it on the iphone. I've seen a bunch of reviews where it crashes on ipad. It's a very basic app.

I love sync destinations and use it every day to check when is the best time to leave work.
But one annoying thing is that it does not let you use it (not even look at it) when the car is in motion. So I found out that sync destination is actually a rebadged version of Inrix traffic (also available in the app store).
While the free version of Inrix does not do the "when is the best time to leave" feature (only if you pay), but it does have excellent traffic maps, and something new called "comparative traffic". It basically shows you a traffic map with the deviations from the usual traffic speed. So I can see if a piece of highway is better or worse than usual. And more imporantly, Inrix doesn't lock the screen when you move.

Back