• Register Today It's free!

Sync Iphone.

ems160

Reaction score
City, State
Lititz, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
I can't sync any Iphone to my new Explorer. Any solutions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You'd better read some sync issues threads in the 2011 forum before you tear your hair out...

My iPhone generally Syncs reliable, I have had problems when I start the car during a phone call. You can't get it to sync at all? Crazy question do you have bluetooth turned on for the iPhone? Have you followed the pairing procedure?

Have you tried to pair a different phone? There's been a lot of issues with iPhone bluetooth connectivity with the MFT. I generally think it's the iPhone though that is causing the connectivity issues. Look up iPhone bluetooth issue.

It usually is an iPhone problem... reboot your phone and try again. I don't have any problems pairing and using my iPhone 4 with Sync.

It usually is an iPhone problem... reboot your phone and try again. I don't have any problems pairing and using my iPhone 4 with Sync.

Good point I usually have to boot my smart phone weekly or at least every other week because something isn't working right. This is true for my iPhone and my old Droid. It is just the nature of the beast.

I can't sync any Iphone to my new Explorer. Any solutions?

Mobile Phone Tips http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/SupportContent/UsingSyncTips.aspx

Having trouble pairing or connecting your mobile phone to SYNC? Perhaps your phonebook contacts are not recognized by SYNC? Or the volume is not quite right? Try these mobile phone tips from the engineers.

Try a Clean pairing If you're having trouble pairing your mobile phone with SYNC, try a Clean pairing of your mobile phone with SYNC.

Check your mobile phone for Bluetooth settings. Is SYNC listed? It may be listed under Hands-free Devices. Delete the SYNC listing.

Then check the Phone Menu on SYNC for Bluetooth Devices. If your mobile phone appears, delete its listing.

When both devices are clean of any prior connections, then try pairing your mobile phone to SYNC.

Try re-setting your mobile phone If you're having trouble pairing your mobile phone with SYNC, try re-setting your mobile phone. Please follow your mobile phone directions for safely re-setting it.

Check Security and Auto Accept Settings Your mobile phone may have Security Settings or an Auto Accept function that may interfere with pairing and connecting your mobile phone with SYNC. Check your mobile phone instructions to be sure the settings are not disabling your mobile phone's connection to SYNC.

Update software and firmware Software and firmware updates for mobile phones are made available frequently. Check to see if you have the latest versions; if not, update your mobile phone and try re-pairing your mobile phone with SYNC.

Browse to confirm contacts Browse your Phonebook contacts list in the SYNC Phone Menu. Confirm your contacts have been downloaded to SYNC. Also check that you say the contact name just as it is listed in SYNC.

Check for missing contacts If SYNC confirms your Phonebook Download is Complete, but it is empty or missing contacts, it could be the phonebook contacts are stored on the mobile phone’s SIM card. Follow your phone manual’s directions to move them from the SIM card to the phone's internal memory. Once they are moved, try re-downloading your Phonebook to SYNC.

Turn OFF Auto Phonebook Download Try turning OFF the Auto Phonebook Download feature on SYNC. If this feature is ON, each time you connect your mobile phone with SYNC, the system searches for updates. Turning this feature OFF can help stabilize the connection with SYNC. You can choose to manually update your phonebook with SYNC through the Phone Menu.

Remove special ringtones and pictures If you have problems calling or receiving calls from one or a few contacts, it may be due to a ringtone or picture that is associated with the contact. If this is the case, follow your mobile phone instructions for removing an associated ringtone or picture with that contact. Then try downloading your phonebook to SYNC, again.

Add contacts manually If you have paired your mobile phone with SYNC, but the phonebook cannot be downloaded, add contacts manually. Choose the Phone Menu on SYNC and then choose Add a Contact.

Increase the volume If the volume on SYNC is low when you are using your mobile phone, try turning up the volume on your mobile phone—while it is connected to SYNC. Many mobile phones have a dedicated volume control for Bluetooth-hands-free devices, which will also control the volume when it is connected to SYNC.

Back