Sync Keeps Trying to Reconnect With iPhone 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync Keeps Trying to Reconnect With iPhone 8

tinner

Reaction score
City, State
KC MO. area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited AWD
My wife got an iPhone 8 about 2 months ago. After about 3 weeks Sync would cutout and music would play in the speakers and on the 8" screen would have a black box in the middle saying; Sync trying to reconnect to Sara's iPhone. And also the buffering symbol is spinning. This would last anywhere between 5-15 seconds and then she could resume the conversation( usually her boss or student), and might last for 1 minute then start again or last 3 minutes(3 minutes seems to be the longest without the reconnecting popping up).

In the meantime while Sync is trying to reconnect, the other person can hear the music playing from the speakers since my wife keeps her phone tn the cup holder.

When I'm rarely in her Ex, my iphone 7 works flawlessly as did her iPhone 6S as well as her iPhone 8 for the mentioned 3 weeks.

I've done a master reset, repaired Sync and iPhone 8 including erasing both from phone and Sync repaired again. Been running v.3.10 since Sept. and has been seamless.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, every phone call I get to hear about how many times it reconnected. Happy wife happy life-not so happy when she gets ou tof her Ex.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd pull the APIM fuse (or the battery and depower the entire vehicle entirely) and force a true, power off/on reset entirely.

Yes, you did a good system reset--but I'd force that sucker to fully power down. The APIM fuse is always hot.

Given you're on latest revision and you went 3 weeks without failure, it does not appear that this is 'change' related.

Thanks franchise -I'll give that a shot tonight and let it sit disconnected over night. I'm hoping the APIM fuse panel is not in the dreaded panel on'13s, up under dash by brake pedal, lol. If it is, negative battery terminal much easier and let the tranny relearn.

It's in that fuse box, unfortunately.

Thanks, I got her manual out and saw the bad news. My F150 is so so easy.

I've contorted to that box so many times across 3 vehicles (2 Taurus and 1 Explorer)... Peter, if you weren't near Ottawa, I'd happily do you the favor gratis. It's old hat by now.

Back