SYNC MFT - Browsing Music vs Files | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC MFT - Browsing Music vs Files

Sixonemale

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 XLT Appearance Pkg
When browsing "files" and finding a CD, the CD plays the songs in alphabetical order vs when browsing "music" and locating that same CD, it will play the songs in the intended or original order of that music CD. Is there a setting where if you browse "files" the CD will play in it's intended order vs alphabetical order?

If there is not a setting, which I don't think there is, this is something else that Ford should include in the next update.

I believe this is setup intentionally. When browsing "files", you are looking for songs regardless of how/where they are arranged, so the default sorting is alphabetical.

I believe this is setup intentionally. When browsing "files", you are looking for songs regardless of how/where they are arranged, so the default sorting is alphabetical.

I respectively don't think it was intentional because if you browse music let's say by Artist, the Artist are in alphabetical order, but then if you drill down to a CD, the CD songs are in their intended order. I guess if you have a large file or playlist it may be semi useful for finding a song if it's in alphabetical order. I also believe that on a computer if a file is in alphabetical order it goes by what is listed first, like the artist. I think MFT list the songs in alphabetical order, but I can't recall for sure. I would much rather have the playlist or CD that was found through browsing "files" play in the intended order of the CD or the intended order of the user's playlist, it can really screw up the order of a well thought out playlist, or at least that's my opinion.

I hope they change this in the next upgrade and regardless of how you search, all folders, whether CD's or playlist, play in their intended order.

Back