SYNC MFT - Interesting USB Input Discovery | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC MFT - Interesting USB Input Discovery

Sixonemale

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 XLT Appearance Pkg
With some trepidation I inserted a USB splitter into one of the USB slots, knowing that it previously showed two USBs on the screen before, USB 1 and USB 2. Long-story-short, using the splitter it now shows USB 1, USB 2 and USB 3 on the screen and they all work. My splitter actually has four slots, but it seems like the SYNC MFT allows for additional USBs to be connected via a splitter which is a good thing.

With some trepidation I inserted a USB splitter into one of the USB slots, knowing that it previously showed two USBs on the screen before, USB 1 and USB 2. Long-story-short, using the splitter it now shows USB 1, USB 2 and USB 3 on the screen and they all work. My splitter actually has four slots, but it seems like the SYNC MFT allows for additional USBs to be connected via a splitter which is a good thing.

Don't forget that you split current too and problems are possible with proper functioning of connected devices.

Don't forget that you split current too and problems are possible with proper functioning of connected devices.

After further investigation it works when you plug them in, but when turning the car off and then back on it will default to one of the two USBs that are split. I was simply surprised that all three showed up on the touch screen. We're talking about a very low current, not really worried about that, plus I've had the splitter hooked up to my computer for quite sometime with zero issues.

In summary, USB devices nowadays have huge amounts of storage, so two slots are plenty.

Back