• Register Today It's free!

sync radio system upgrade

stuartmac

Reaction score
City, State
East Coast Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 sport trac
Hi everyone just picked up a new to me 2010 sport trac limited. I like it for the most part but there are a few things that drive me nuts.

Has anyone upgraded the regular sync radio to the nav unit? i really hate that 2 line text display and its very clumsy to change modes ect.

after some serious google looks like this is the part i need, but 1700 bucks, wowzers.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-2010-FORD-EDGE-EXPLORER-FACTORY-OEM-NAVIGATION-GPS-HDD-DVD-SYNC-CD-RADIO-/151097920658?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item232e234c92&vxp=mtr

Also the this is the fist car ive had in a while that didnt have factory tweeters, and its a limited. anyone whos had the door panel off whats it look like back there?

Planning a few mods soon like major headlight upgrades as i have brighter flashlights right now my headlights are pathetic. Will post pics.

I bought an upgrade from those guys (you can find them at OEMautopartsco.com) for my '10 with six disc radio. The price includes all the special wiring you need, an amp (they call it a 'brick'), and even an upgrade for the audio control buttons on the steering wheel. I installed it myself (with help from them, their customer support is very good). All the sync, phone, and voice funtions are kept, it is just like the nav was OEM. They program the radio with your VIN and factory options (you can add rear camera), so you don't have to go to the dealer. Their website has helpful videos and intallation hints. I'm not associated with them, just a happy customer. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Back