Sync screen not switching off, speedometer not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync screen not switching off, speedometer not working

Ras123

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester hills,mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 explorer
Hi guys,
Anybody have similar experience of what I am going through now. My 2017 explorer sync screen is not switching off and speedometer is not working. The turn indicators too not working.
Reverse camera not showing even I put the reverse gear. And the gear indicators too not showing correctly , always it's on parking . But I can drive the truck ..,.
This happened yesterday night.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi guys,
Anybody have similar experience of what I am going through now. My 2017 explorer sync screen is not switching off and speedometer is not working. The turn indicators too not working.
Reverse camera not showing even I put the reverse gear. And the gear indicators too not showing correctly , always it's on parking . But I can drive the truck ..,.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Please complete your registration by adding the requested 'trim level' (Base, XLT, etc.) of your Explorer to your profile. That would help in this case since different trims have different cluster setups. I would suggest that you take it to your dealer to have them check it out since you are under warranty. I do not recall anyone else having this type of failure.

Peter

It sounds like there is a module communication failure somewhere. If it is still doing this, pull the negative battery cable for 15 minutes and reconnect and see if the conditions still exist. This will reset the electronic modules. A dealer visit sure sounds in order to me.

Hi guys,
Hi, I have a 2017 Sport and found this post when I googled it, As I'm having the exact same issue. I didn't see how this got resolved but would love to hear if and how it got fixed if you have a chance please. Thank you.

Hi, I have a 2017 Sport and found this post when I googled it, As I'm having the exact same issue. I didn't see how this got resolved but would love to hear if and how it got fixed if you have a chance please. Thank you.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If you're hoping to get a reply from the member you quoted, it may be a while. He hasn't been seen here since April 16, 2017. You can try the suggestion by Jason in post #3. Be advised that you may likely lose some saved memory settings.

Peter

Back