sync speaking voice only in English | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sync speaking voice only in English

opam

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 ford explorer LTD
Hello, I have a ford explorer limited 2011, I have to take it to the dealer for a backup camera problem and they replace camera, APIM, and update the software to sync2-v3.8 NOW i am not able to change language to either Spanish or French, despite I select Spanish or French sync keep talking in english.
Text on odometer change properly, but text on MFT and sync voice remain in english...when I select spanish or french sync voice said " language changed to spanish" or change to french but keep talking in english, this is very weird I was looking similar problem in the forum but I can not find any, I performed a master reset on MFT but problem still there. I was trying to get the latest software update on syncmyride for reinstall it, but I cannot find the option, on my sync website only shows that my sync software is up to date and no options for download the software updates
please help

Hi opam,

You've done a lot of troubleshooting! The master reset was a good route to take; however, you're unable to reinstall an update. The download only appears on your profile when the software is not current. You will need go to the dealer to have this issue corrected. They may need to reprogram the system.

Keep me in the loop!

Shaay

Thank you Shaay, unfortunatly yes .. however I love this vehicle and expect to have it for a long time, thats why I need to keep it in good shape....
I just want to tell you that I return vehicle to dealer, the reinstall latest sync update and PROBLEM SOLVED !! Thank you .. :)

Thank you Shaay, unfortunatly yes .. however I love this vehicle and expect to have it for a long time, thats why I need to keep it in good shape....
I just want to tell you that I return vehicle to dealer, the reinstall latest sync update and PROBLEM SOLVED !! Thank you .. :)

Hi opam,

Happy to hear that your problem was solved! Reach out again if you need future assistance! :)

Cara

Back