• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

sync status checker

antiveg

Reaction score
can anyone email me (pvt msg for email plz) or link the latest sync status checker? i keep gettin errors on the sync site and cant download the file at all. ive tried multiple browsers, assuming the sync site is borked :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

chimoman

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2011 Ltd
Are you using IE 9. If so it's not supported. That's why your getting the error messages.

antiveg

Reaction score
ive tried firefox 3.6 and 4, safari, ie9 with compat mode. no luck. i just need the file :(

cabman1939

Reaction score
City, State
Rushville, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
When I log on, it says that I need to confirm my vin #. I was told to down load the sync status checker. It down loaded just fine to my flash drive, the Ex took it just fine but when I put the flash drive back in my laptop it will NOT report back to sync successfully. I'm stuck with a vin# that sync can't confirm:(
Doe's anybody have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or is it the #%^^ web site?

andywink

Reaction score
City, State
MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ltd 300a, 4/19 build
I have the same issue. I talked to the sync cuts serv and they said that it should clear up in a day or two. Well, that was four days ago.. Time to try talking to them again.. I will let you know what I find out.

FordService

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
andywink, have you tried to see if it’s working for you now or have you spoken with the SYNC Support team again?

antiveg & cabman1939,

I recommend contacting SYNC Support to troubleshoot status checker concerns. They can advise if there are any known concerns or Web site updates. In case you don’t have the phone number, it’s 800-392-3673 (Option 1 then 3). Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cory

G37RRaiders

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
andywink, have you tried to see if it’s working for you now or have you spoken with the SYNC Support team again?

antiveg & cabman1939,

I recommend contacting SYNC Support to troubleshoot status checker concerns. They can advise if there are any known concerns or Web site updates. In case you don’t have the phone number, it’s 800-392-3673 (Option 1 then 3). Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cory
I have the same issue, called the number and they told me to go verify my VIN with my dealer. That is nothing more than verify what is in the Ford system against what is the metal plate on the EX. Both myself and the sales manager did verify they are identical. So I called the number again, this time they tell me my sync software is out of date. She told me a version 2.4 won't show up in sync website correctly (wow, i think this is good cover up because most people would believe her, but not active users here as we all know we can view our software no matter what version is loaded in the car)

So Cory/Seni , what else can I do? My sales manager told me if I really want to use syncmyride, I would probably need to contact the Ford regional rep to express the problem and see if he can do anything.
How about you Cory/Seni, could you do something for us that have no luck with syncmyride because it seems like our VIN is not entered in the web site correctly?

FordService

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
G37RRaiders,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having the same issue. From previous communications, I have your Explorer’s info, but would you mind sending me a private message with your dealer name and approximate mileage. I would like to look into this to see what else can be done. Thank you.

Cory

antiveg

Reaction score
Sync cust srvc tells me I have to have my sync reflashed at the dealer to fix this. Seems a lame way to adress this :(

Last edited:

cabman1939

Reaction score
City, State
Rushville, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Yada yada yada

Sync cust srvc tells me I have to have my sync reflashed at the dealer to fix this. Seems a lame way to adress this :(
That is what created my problem. My dealer updated my MFT and I went home, got online to see what they updated and found the vin # error. I was at the dealer with an appointment for the update for four hours:mad: I'm in no hurry to go back until something more critical is wrong.

FordService

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi guys,

I posted this in another thread, but just in case, I’ll post it here as well. The SYNC Support team said that VIN validation concerns can be resolved by running a Vehicle Health Report. A Vehicle Health Report prompts your vehicle data to be updated on SYNCMyRide.com but the changes take up to twenty-four hours to take effect on the website.

Because the VIN validation concern resides with your vehicle data on the website and it has nothing to do with the vehicle itself, you will still be able to use Traffic, Directions and Information, and navigate through the SYNCMyRide.com website. However, for the time being, you may experience an ERROR 200 message on the Update & Customize page.

There’s also the option to go to the dealership which you may do at your earliest convenience (i.e. next oil change). If you have any additional issues with this, the SYNC Support team is also available to help (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3).

For more details on how to run a Vehicle Health Report go to http://www.SYNCMyRide.com/Own/Modules/SupportContent/UsingServicesSupport.aspx?hdi=18 and follow the steps.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cory

Groovy

Reaction score
City, State
Lombard, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
91,95 Eddie and 2011 XLT
I had to go to the dealer to re-flash to resolve the issue. The vehicle report trick did not work first.

FordService

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
I had to go to the dealer to re-flash to resolve the issue. The vehicle report trick did not work first.
I’m sorry that the Vehicle Health Report did not work first, but I’m glad that it’s been resolved now. I posted this in another thread but for those of your who are having the issue with SYNCMyRide.com validating your VIN, I just wanted to make sure you are waiting the full twenty-four hours since the Vehicle Health Report was run.

If you’ve already done that, I can have it researched if you send me your VIN in a private message. Thank you.

Cory

LushMojo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I’m sorry that the Vehicle Health Report did not work first, but I’m glad that it’s been resolved now. I posted this in another thread but for those of your who are having the issue with SYNCMyRide.com validating your VIN, I just wanted to make sure you are waiting the full twenty-four hours since the Vehicle Health Report was run.

If you’ve already done that, I can have it researched if you send me your VIN in a private message. Thank you.

Cory
We may be having the same issue. Hasn't been 24 hours since I ran the Vehicle Health Report yet. Talked with a Sync Agent via chat and it was suggested that we take the vehicle back to the dealer to flash the Sync module. Just bought the car two days ago (our first Ford).

dco43054

Reaction score
City, State
cmh
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 XLT
We may be having the same issue. Hasn't been 24 hours since I ran the Vehicle Health Report yet. Talked with a Sync Agent via chat and it was suggested that we take the vehicle back to the dealer to flash the Sync module. Just bought the car two days ago (our first Ford).
Make sure the Sync site shows your account and everything works. If not, you will likely need to get reflashed for everything to work right.

The dealers should just to this as a matter of course in the vehicle prep. It would resolved lots of issues before the owner gets frustrated.

LushMojo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Make sure the Sync site shows your account and everything works. If not, you will likely need to get reflashed for everything to work right.

The dealers should just to this as a matter of course in the vehicle prep. It would resolved lots of issues before the owner gets frustrated.
Yes, the Sync site shows my account just fine. Sounds like we'll be going in for a module flash.

FordService

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
It’s unfortunate to hear that you’re having the same issue. Please let me know if you would like assistance for when you go to the dealer. For me to be able to help with that, please send me a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name.

Cory

LushMojo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
It’s unfortunate to hear that you’re having the same issue. Please let me know if you would like assistance for when you go to the dealer. For me to be able to help with that, please send me a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name.

Cory
Just sent you a PM.

LushMojo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Cory, I just came home from the dealership and they said they re-flashed the module. I just logged in to SyncMyRide.com and I still get an error when I click on the Update and Customize tab after I log in. The error states:

"Our system has experienced an error. Please try again."

Doesn't seem like anything has been resolved (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

LushMojo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Ok, spoke too soon. Just logged in to show my wife what was going wrong and now it seems to be working. I guess the re-flash worked after all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Sync upgrade and steering program Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 1
W AC on High cycles on and off via Sync screen Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 0
B Sync 3 navigation and traffic function Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 8
deewan Faulty SYNC/APIM causing battery to drain??? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 16
J 2017 Availability and SYNC 3 Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 3
O New Sync Version Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
S Sync 3 Ford Explorer 2016 Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 10
SpiderMD What good is the SYNC Vehicle Health Report? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 7
D my ford sync???? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 3
R Just got letter about sync NEW update Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 18
E iPhone Sync Issues Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 9
B US Vellular and Ford Sync Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 1
R My Sync testing problem Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
BobbyMarks Sync or MFT not recognizing Radio/Sirius command Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 0
C MLB iPhone app updated for Ford sync Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 0
2 sync stopped talking to me Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 11
GeoMimi89 Ford Sync Services Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
GeoMimi89 Ford Sync Services Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 10
Gatortailale Sweet . . . I have a Sync account! Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
W I Have A Sync Account!!!!!! Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 8
M Sync update Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 19
L Sync Problems when trying to play music Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 4
G How long does it take to download Sync updates to Thumbdrive? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 10
R re-loading sync 2.11 Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 0
R sync version?? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 3
K iphone 4 and sync Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 0
G Clock Won't Sync after Time Change Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 7
B Microsoft Sync ... underpowered? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
R sync 2.11 not the answer Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 17
R Sync did update now no bluetooth or phone Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 5
J Sync update Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
A How to re-boot MFT/SYNC? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 3
B Sync Navigation question Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
C Chrysler UConnect vs Ford Sync Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 3
Sgt1411 SYNC $ drop or damage control? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 12
S Change "Sync" name in bluetooth... Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
G 2011 Explorer. Sync issues. Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 4
S MFT vs SYNC Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 3
I Ford offering a LIVE operator to SYNC service?? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 1
E Sync Iphone. Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 8
A How to view album art and song titles on SYNC screen Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 7
R Power-off reset or a dead APIM/How to fix Sync Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 5
D Sync Lady's Voice Garbled Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 17
T SYNC App Link News Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 0
G SYNC outage - is something big coming? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 10
L Re-pairing phone to sync at every start up Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 4
S Any other way to sync phonebook beside bluetooth? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 3
J Explorer owner reports MFT/Sync 2.10 installation Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 6
G Sync - MP3 playback Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
C SYNC sync of Points of Interest on Web/iphone app/Explorer Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 7