• Register Today It's free!

Sync update and maps

Fordvirgin

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'12 Ford Explorer Limited
I just updated my Sync to v3.8. Am I to understand correctly that these updates do not up update my GPS maps? Also, what was updated with this version? I had not yet installed v.3.6 so whatever version was before that is what I was running. My husbands Ford truck displays the name of the song/artist from the radio but my Explorer doesn't. (2012 Limited) It only displays that info when listening to Sirius. I was looking forward to that and thought this update would change that but nope. What am I missing?

Updates to MFT software versions do not affect the navigation maps. Those are strictly controlled by whatever is on the S/D card that is plugged into the slot.
For what the latest update added see; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...syncmyride-com-for-2011-2015-explorer.434544/
As for the song title and artist, I get that on some FM stations but not all. It seems stations have their own setup as to what the send out.

Peter

@Fordvirgin check that your "RDS" is set to "ON" for the text/song info to appear (when available) on your screen.

"Easier entry of destinations for China:
•Now SYNC® with MyFord Touch® allows for easier entry of destinations."

Now that's worth the upgrade just for that! :thumbsup: Now, all I need is that slow boat to China. :banghead:

Back