Sync USB Music Issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Sync USB Music Issues

UofMEngineer

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
20' Escape Hyb Titanium
Here they are. Note The Explore UI never goes away but I did notice that when I select any of the choices (Artist, Album, etc.) I get a "Browsing Currently Unavailable" screen so you might be on to something.

OK. Yeah, you can use that Explore route after it indexes but the fact you get the browsing error going the primary route makes me think it isn't indexing, or it's still hasn't finished indexing perhaps. You'd hit the same situation on an indexed device close to boot, but it should enable pretty quickly. How many files do you have on that drive?

<

N3DD

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
OK. Yeah, you can use that Explore route after it indexes but the fact you get the browsing error going the primary route makes me think it isn't indexing, or it's still hasn't finished indexing perhaps. You'd hit the same situation on an indexed device close to boot, but it should enable pretty quickly. How many files do you have on that drive?

I have about 1500 files on the drive. So you are saying that if working properly those folders should show up and not the Explore icon. I think that's the way it was on Gen 2. I've never had any issues going the Explore route I see all the displayed Album data and the Voice Command "Play Song" works so I assumed it was completely indexed.

<

UofMEngineer

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
20' Escape Hyb Titanium
I have about 1500 files on the drive. So you are saying that if working properly those folders should show up and not the Explore icon. I think that's the way it was on Gen 2. I've never had any issues going the Explore route I see all the displayed Album data and the Voice Command "Play Song" works so I assumed it was completely indexed.

You'll still see Explore at the end, but once everything is indexed it should populate in the Artists, Albums, Songs, etc. Then you'll have the ability to browse via voice. It's still going to be limited while driving so you'll want to be as specific as possible with the request. With 1500 songs, it should be ready pretty quickly to browse at start up. Can you play an album or artist by voice, just not browse?

<

N3DD

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
You'll still see Explore at the end, but once everything is indexed it should populate in the Artists, Albums, Songs, etc. Then you'll have the ability to browse via voice. It's still going to be limited while driving so you'll want to be as specific as possible with the request. With 1500 songs, it should be ready pretty quickly to browse at start up. Can you play an album or artist by voice, just not browse?

Yes all the "Play" commands work fine but just can't browse.

<