Sync USB Music Issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync USB Music Issues

Here they are. Note The Explore UI never goes away but I did notice that when I select any of the choices (Artist, Album, etc.) I get a "Browsing Currently Unavailable" screen so you might be on to something.

OK. Yeah, you can use that Explore route after it indexes but the fact you get the browsing error going the primary route makes me think it isn't indexing, or it's still hasn't finished indexing perhaps. You'd hit the same situation on an indexed device close to boot, but it should enable pretty quickly. How many files do you have on that drive?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK. Yeah, you can use that Explore route after it indexes but the fact you get the browsing error going the primary route makes me think it isn't indexing, or it's still hasn't finished indexing perhaps. You'd hit the same situation on an indexed device close to boot, but it should enable pretty quickly. How many files do you have on that drive?

I have about 1500 files on the drive. So you are saying that if working properly those folders should show up and not the Explore icon. I think that's the way it was on Gen 2. I've never had any issues going the Explore route I see all the displayed Album data and the Voice Command "Play Song" works so I assumed it was completely indexed.

I have about 1500 files on the drive. So you are saying that if working properly those folders should show up and not the Explore icon. I think that's the way it was on Gen 2. I've never had any issues going the Explore route I see all the displayed Album data and the Voice Command "Play Song" works so I assumed it was completely indexed.

You'll still see Explore at the end, but once everything is indexed it should populate in the Artists, Albums, Songs, etc. Then you'll have the ability to browse via voice. It's still going to be limited while driving so you'll want to be as specific as possible with the request. With 1500 songs, it should be ready pretty quickly to browse at start up. Can you play an album or artist by voice, just not browse?

You'll still see Explore at the end, but once everything is indexed it should populate in the Artists, Albums, Songs, etc. Then you'll have the ability to browse via voice. It's still going to be limited while driving so you'll want to be as specific as possible with the request. With 1500 songs, it should be ready pretty quickly to browse at start up. Can you play an album or artist by voice, just not browse?

Yes all the "Play" commands work fine but just can't browse.

Did you find a solution to this issue?

Have you tried formatting the usb to Fat32? I have had other vehicles that wouldn't accept exFat

Pretty sure this is an ongoing issue years later. Know a guy with a 2020 f150 and his wife drives an '20 ST. He said the truck has no issue loading and playing from USB. The explorer takes for ever and won't read USB most of the time. Which is what I've run into in mine.
Has anyone gotten any info from a dealer for a solution. Or is it a deer in headlights kinda situation when asking for help.

What i hate is when your running errands and its in use working fine. After a stop or 2 it won't read usb anymore. Ford screwed the pooch on the programing for this vehicle.

Was just wondering does anyone know can the programing from a f150 be used or is there no interchange due to other options.

I wonder how much is the MCM (USB module). My old Fusion had no issues, but my new Escape I just picked up takes forever to recognize my drive on start up. Normally it times out and drops to FM before it sees the drive. Drives me nuts.

I wonder how much is the MCM (USB module). My old Fusion had no issues, but my new Escape I just picked up takes forever to recognize my drive on start up. Normally it times out and drops to FM before it sees the drive. Drives me nuts.
Thats what the explorer does 9 times out of 10. With an occasional completely not going to work thrown in.

I recently purchased a 2020 Ford Explorer and I am having difficulties in using the Sync System to index my music collection via USB. Looks like lots of latency when indexing anything more than a few dozen songs.

USB Size: 256GB/PNY 3.0/Backward compatible to 2.0

Number of Songs: 11724 (in this example – also got it to fail with only 500 songs)

Format of Drive: exFAT

SYNC Version 3.4

See attached PDF for screen shots

Anyone else having issues ?
Browsing unavailable once i updated sync 3. My usb connection for mp3 player keeps saying browsing currently unavailable

Browsing unavailable once i updated sync 3. My usb connection for mp3 player keeps saying browsing currently unavailable
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Is this in your 2019 F-150?

Peter

Back