Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade

I will have to play around with the updater and see if i messed up on something

i do.
You sure you are not just seeing them? They are on bottom right on climate screen. I thought i lost them too. Just a bit hard to see.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will have to play around with the updater and see if i messed up on something

i do.
The rear climate section in in the drop down menu from within the climate screen. Click the 3 bar menu and it should be in there.

3.4.20282 is out, so far just seems like more bug fixes from other forums.

Behavior of climate control displays. (Might have been fixed in 20237)
Track skip (2 tracks) when using the FF button on the EFP. (Confirmed on FFCub Forum)
No GPS error. (Not confirmed).

Will give it a go later today or tomorrow.

Updated today, no issues. Took about 8 minutes and can confirm double skip on USB is fixed YMMV obviously.

Got my USB ready. Have to dig out of the snow first...

All done. Quick update.

I have a 2017 Explorer Limited, with Sync 3.0.20204. I pretty much plan on keeping the car for life, I love it to death.

Is there a possibility Ford will release a version of 3.4 for 2017-19 Explorers in the near future? (Haha, funny I know.)

I downloaded the Cyan Labs Sync Update software.
  • Can I just update to 3.4.20351 straight from 3.0.20204 without any issues?
    • Is it truly impossible to downgrade back to a version that at least looks like 3.0 in case I need to in the future?
  • Do I need to change anything with ForScan first before updating?
  • If Ford does finally release a 3.4 version for the Explorers, will I be able to update using their version or will doing it this way break that functionality?
  • Will I get the new Ford Splash Screen and the "calm" feature on my 2017 Limited? How can I verify this before updating?
  • It looks like I only have USB 2.0 in my car, is that an issue?
Thanks for any answers, I appreciate it.

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Although I didn't go through this entire thread, it appears most of your answers are all here. Ford won't release V3.4 for the 5th gen.

Peter

I have a 2017 Explorer Limited, with Sync 3.0.20204. I pretty much plan on keeping the car for life, I love it to death.

Is there a possibility Ford will release a version of 3.4 for 2017-19 Explorers in the near future? (Haha, funny I know.)

I downloaded the Cyan Labs Sync Update software.
  • Can I just update to 3.4.20351 straight from 3.0.20204 without any issues?
    • Is it truly impossible to downgrade back to a version that at least looks like 3.0 in case I need to in the future?
  • Do I need to change anything with ForScan first before updating?
  • If Ford does finally release a 3.4 version for the Explorers, will I be able to update using their version or will doing it this way break that functionality?
  • Will I get the new Ford Splash Screen and the "calm" feature on my 2017 Limited? How can I verify this before updating?
  • It looks like I only have USB 2.0 in my car, is that an issue?
Thanks for any answers, I appreciate it.

Yes
. .Yes
No
N/A Ford will not update to 3.4, too much trouble for an "obsolete" system.
Yes / Don 't know, never used it
No

I updated about 5 times so far from 19101 to 20351 with no problems.
-Remove all other USB sticks from car.
-If it doesn't work, try another USB stick.
-Be patient. First time takes an hour with loading all the maps.
-Master reset after everything has loaded.

I start the car, stick in the USB and go for a drive until its finished.

Fritz

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3 are out. All the instructions on this thread, post #3798

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3 are out. All the instructions on this thread, post #3798
Saw your post on the F150 forum.

Did you reformat at all? Or just downgrade, then upgrade?

Saw your post on the F150 forum.

Did you reformat at all? Or just downgrade, then upgrade?
Yes I did.
In order to install new 2.20 maps you have to downgrade to 19200 or earlier version and then follow reformat procedure

Yes I did.
In order to install new 2.20 maps you have to downgrade to 19200 or earlier version and then follow reformat procedure
All set now. Thanks. All is well so far.

Yes I did.

To do the downgrade did you simply install 19200 on your USB then plug in to vehicle and proceed as if it were the latest upgrade?

Then wipe the USB clean ensure its formatted FAT32 and install 21020 on the USB and repeat?

To do the downgrade did you simply install 19200 on your USB then plug in to vehicle and proceed as if it were the latest upgrade?

Then wipe the USB clean ensure its formatted FAT32 and install 21020 on the USB and repeat?
No need. The Autoinstall USB from CyanLabs contains everything. Plug it in and update/downgrade will start. Ignore any "remove USB" after the downgrade finishes. Sync will restart in 19200 and then upgrade will automatically start. Once the green screen with progress bar says finished, remove USB and do a Master Reset.
Takes about one hour so go for a sunday drive.

No need. The Autoinstall USB from CyanLabs contains everything. Plug it in and update/downgrade will start. Ignore any "remove USB" after the downgrade finishes. Sync will restart in 19200 and then upgrade will automatically start. Once the green screen with progress bar says finished, remove USB and do a Master Reset.
I did this just the other day using CyanLabs syn3updater and was very easy. All you have to do is put what you currently have in and what you want and it does everything for you on 1 usb. Pop it in the car and did the downgrade then upgrade all at once. I went from 20136 1.19 maps to 21020 and 2.20 maps.

Sorry for being such a techno pheasant but now I'm more confused.

My vehicle has v3.4 Build 20350, it must be downgraded to the previous build or 21020 wont load, I get that.

On the same USB at the same time without going to the vehicle I load BOTH 19200...and 21020 ........with both on the same USB I plug it in to the vehicles USB and it auto downgrades and auto upgrades one after another?,,,,,,,

Sorry for being such a techno pheasant but now I'm more confused.

My vehicle has v3.4 Build 20350, it must be downgraded to the previous build or 21020 wont load, I get that.

On the same USB at the same time without going to the vehicle I load BOTH 19200...and 21020 ........with both on the same USB I plug it in to the vehicles USB and it auto downgrades and auto upgrades one after another?,,,,,,,
Wait. You have a 2020+ vehicle. Read up on this before doing anything or it could get ugly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back