Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade

what are the advantages of version 3.4 over 3.0
Its just a much improved GUI. I find it runs smoother also. No added features or anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like everything about. Glad I upgraded.

Its just a much improved GUI. I find it runs smoother also. No added features or anything.
Unfortunately for me, I did not find 3.4 being any faster or smoother than 3.0 I had from factory. Its fluid on the go, but booting time just kills me, it is not persistent and sometimes navi maps loading painfuly slow, up to the point that I cannot set up a destination right after I started the vehicle, system returns "Navigation is not ready".

Unfortunately for me, I did not find 3.4 being any faster or smoother than 3.0 I had from factory. Its fluid on the go, but booting time just kills me, it is not persistent and sometimes navi maps loading painfuly slow, up to the point that I cannot set up a destination right after I started the vehicle, system returns "Navigation is not ready".
Maybe thats why ford wont release 3.4 for us. I have non nav unit, and none of those issues. Guess the nav units don't have enough ram, or processor power.

Maybe thats why ford wont release 3.4 for us. I have non nav unit, and none of those issues. Guess the nav units don't have enough ram, or processor power.
Might be the case.
Unlike with SYNC 2 where there was just one hardware revision, there are already four different SYNC 3 APIM's generations, all with different hardware and firmware.

Might be the case.
Unlike with SYNC 2 where there was just one hardware revision, there are already four different SYNC 3 APIM's generations, all with different hardware and firmware.
Would be nice if they would just update to the new UI on older sw. It's definitely more modern. I guess though they can't make everyone happy.

Just did the SYNC 3 v3.0 to v3.4 update off the site in this video. No issues, worked well if anyone is still considering the upgrade.

Just a follow up for anyone thats a little hesitant to do the upgrade. Been running v3.4 for a little over a week, no issues, as a matter of fact much better performance, screen transitions faster, much nicer GUI, and I think my SiriusXM radio sounds better.

I like everything about. Glad I upgraded.
You have the keyless entry with the black sensor on door handle? I lost my sensor working on passenger side since the upgrade.

You have the keyless entry with the black sensor on door handle? I lost my sensor working on passenger side since the upgrade.

Yes I do. What happened?

Yes I do. What happened?
Check and see if your passenger door unlock works with the touching of the handle. Mine doesn't anymore

Just tried it many times. Mine works fine.

Just tried it many times. Mine works fine.
Hmmm, wonder if i changed something in forscan. This is strange

Take a look and see. Could be.

What did you change?

One note that I haven't seen mentioned.
If you have two USB ports (one in front and one in center console on my 18 Limited), make sure you pull any memory stick out of the non-update port. I had a stick with mp3 files in my console port and the update would hang on the starting screen (after the red can't find files error screen) showing "starting update" forever.
...and so far 3.4 is working real nice. Just make sure to Master Reset after updating. BTW, it took 37 minutes with Nav maps.

Fritz

Its unlikely upgrade has anything to do with keyless entry. What I noticed though that keyless entry very dependable on vehicle battery. When my Edge's battery voltage drops, all handles stop unlocking vehicle except driver's one.

What did you change?
something in ipc with door remotes. Turned it off in forscan. I have the platinum ipc in my xlt sport.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back