Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I done to 3.4 MY17. Everything smooth, New maps for my region Viet Nam (SEA) 06.2018.
y4m215P99Fox0UHfxh5Ru4RbUIc5zJVhgsSL6CJhPeyfOV4poK-uNiN5rVopnHceyO7VDnoy6nnuIuC-OPwSZf4c-j_8jI591d6wouHg1oCI945GtsjppSDPDhLi1xwC_lXXEExy2jpZxZgYBoD4jVWyUGspkUkMEIQEUkaaILYBMbmH10RfIu2gtHQcnJTmYTGNgIrDCbAerhiuEdCtKUJjw

y4mgXIx7MYRUcq_SiIXiY0tC-x3D1lBM9WeTZXKjWa43dUeU1P9ILB4z-M-FvD2PliEsBAXjzsGGp-gg9Obx6qpgPMlw93X7F5rbBH97yEz7N5OEvg0ynXwtGzEWaSimB7GIykIWlthDgIdp_Y46wsy2A29eXozanncJUnOCNvVpKlT2JddwTRhoNdys0ww-Deio6IiHP9jv6DXOYxUx3fQvQ

y4mYuXPlfCcDqrm-LZI0XpIY8nUMDSuRemjsGk43YrkGFLgDPyS5tW9roYd-ZmQu1nHAZZy1F4znCS_HCOz844yoNusNLr7kXNY52XzuI1ceW61a0MztM6LT9e0DNpoPWxXO_dT7lGj45fBRzDIeg15LHfl802D3wZLAru0swb8EUp07L41oECgYbKIdO7OCWdpSVuBpuqTTwz7i4xkx0PyWA

And thanks to Ford, real maps for Vietnamese
y4m_FqrhmcfVsrfq_7NVYMZscW7pgts8DTfFaOdwaa4oPoBeLVF-iY4LxfKFs6uygE6-GZJomH2fiBLJJX2kPEKRAR-gwgyIUnycgduA0mj_1D1MedyqLCU6OzJcfn887Bdp1mDQTlIYgGjHA7zsGpyKK4LqsJv-r8aA4z96pm25GaBfRRiCNXfRNFX-yDv0Qi1VWsli_0Sqz_H9ytbdBGi1g

NOTE: Anyone thinking of doing the upgrade based on the above link should read this post first; New v3.0 Build Available

Peter

I updated my Edge to v3.4 and everything is working great, no any bugs. Update took about 30mins. All the voice commands are working. I only updated to build 19200 though as people reporting that build 19274 is cutting ability to browse a USB drive while driving (unless one changed APIM region code to 5753 in Forscan)

Advise for those who wants to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.4:
1. no firmware upgrade for APIM is needed, everything is working great with old APIM calibration firmware.
2. Step 2, USB #2 is recommended to be USB v3 (with blue plastic insert) as that package is almost 13Gb and USB v2 will be extremely slow.

Anyone give this a shot yet?

I am pondering......

Advise for those who wants to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.4:
1. no firmware upgrade for APIM is needed, everything is working great with old APIM calibration firmware.
2. Step 2, USB #2 is recommended to be USB v3 (with blue plastic insert) as that package is almost 13Gb and USB v2 will be extremely slow.

Are you missing any features since you did not upgrade firmware?

Anyone give this a shot yet?

I am pondering......
As per the link I identified in my post above, it is not recommended. There will not be any official release of V3.4 for the Explorer. As the one member mentioned in that thread, it may work but it won't work as intended since it wasn't meant for the Explorer. You could jeopordize your warranty

Are you missing any features since you did not upgrade firmware?
Nobody is missing anything as long as it is not 20MY APIM, basically new firmware only unlocks hardware changes in new APIM's

See posts #3 and #8 before deciding on doing this 'upgrade' which is NOT intended for the Explorer.

Peter

I updated yesterday to 3.4 19200. Still deciding if I should go to 19274. (I know Peter ;))

I like it so far.

The process was easy. Took maybe 40 minutes.

I seem to be missing a few Sirius logos, but they might come after driving for a bit.

I saw somewhere that we could have presets mixed...meaning FM, AM, and Sirius in the same preset row. I tried the change using FORScan and it didn't work for me. I think you need an newer APIM.

Just an update.

I updated to 3.4.19274 today. I also updated the NAV voice file to match. I read about this on another forum by someone who is also a member here.

I do have all my Sirius logos and everything is working great.

Sync 3.4 20021 is out in the wild I saw today. Not sure if I'll do it yet...

Sync 3.4 20021 is out in the wild I saw today. Not sure if I'll do it yet...

As before, update the voice pack as well if you load it. NA Nav for example is -CL.

I ignored the warnings on this forum... I love my car, but after renting a brand new Fusion and Edge with 3.4 from the factory for a couple of months, I thought that the 3.0 was too bland; I'm surprised that something that looks like it was thrown together last minute made it into production!

I started the process and I even completely forgot to take a pic of the IVSUs first, but thankfully it worked; no problems at all, and it doesn't even have the artist/song name glitch like the rentals did... Although the glitches did make for some hilarious moments though!

IKEE9W5.jpg

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Can someone post what AA google.maps looks like in the right side instrument cluster? That would be my only reason really to update in addition to just the new aesthetics.

Maps NA 1 19 are out as well. I have been watching other forms to see what is going on. Maybe by later today it can be attempted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As before, update the voice pack as well if you load it. NA Nav for example is -CL.

Seems this can't be found yet...?

I want to do 3.4 20021, but want that file like you said.

Back