Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I updated yesterday to 3.4 19200. Still deciding if I should go to 19274. (I know Peter ;))

I like it so far.

The process was easy. Took maybe 40 minutes.

I seem to be missing a few Sirius logos, but they might come after driving for a bit.

I saw somewhere that we could have presets mixed...meaning FM, AM, and Sirius in the same preset row. I tried the change using FORScan and it didn't work for me. I think you need an newer APIM.

Some of the Sirius logos are so hard to read...white on light backgrounds...

Some of the Sirius logos are so hard to read...white on light backgrounds...

Which ones? I’d like to see if mine are different. Let me know.

Look at the Beatles channel.

Look at the Beatles channel.

That is one of my favorite stations.

I see what you mean. I keep mine on Night mode. I like the blue much better all the time.

IMG_3719 2.jpg
IMG_3718 2.jpg
IMG_3720 2.jpg

Anyone updated to build 20136? Someone on 2020 ST forum did it thru dynalabs web site using their new downloader, it downloads from FORD. I am at 19200 and have the USB thumb drive ready to install. Mine is 3rd generation apim, and have a 4th generation apim as a spare.

I’ll take a look later.

OOOOH, Icons. Wish mine came back

Saw this. Might be with a shot.

Saw this. Might be with a shot.

I dont have NAV, I did update to the latest 3.420136 though, and still no icons. They are gone forever. It is what it is. BTW, anyone notice no text messages if you use android, and RCS??? Only the rcs texts dont show up

Just did the update to 20136. All went well.

I just upgraded my 2018 Sport from an older 3.0 build to 20136. It took about 30 mins with no issues.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Anyone updated to build 20136? Someone on 2020 ST forum did it thru dynalabs web site using their new downloader, it downloads from FORD. I am at 19200 and have the USB thumb drive ready to install. Mine is 3rd generation apim, and have a 4th generation apim as a spare.

Both last versions 20021 and 20136 have an USB media bug when source defaults to FM radio and doesnt allow to change songs. If you are ok with that you can install it. The most stable and bug-less version is 19200

I updated several days ago along with countless others to 20136. No issues..even put .flac songs on usb thumbnail drive to see the bug. No issues whatsoever. I don’t use usb except for CarPlay, but did this as experiment.

I updated several days ago along with countless others to 20136. No issues..even put .flac songs on usb thumbnail drive to see the bug. No issues whatsoever. I don’t use usb except for CarPlay, but did this as experiment.
Play some music from a USB drive, then shut off the vehicle or SYNC and leave it to sit for few hours. Come back and see if it is still working properly. For majority music from USB keeps playing, but SYNC screen defaults to FM and doesnt show song info (only entartainment screen on right IPC works properly), when trying to switch song it switches radio station instead.

I will try that scenario. If it’s ugly head shows up, I will post. Good thing is, all my music is on iTunes Match and also google music and is played thru CarPlay.

I have seen this before the 3.0 to 3.4. Is this possible on a 2017 Limited Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back