SYNC2 Map Update - Version A8 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC2 Map Update - Version A8

I checked... my MFT seems to be 4.30 not sure how it can happen if 3.10 is latest ..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I checked... my MFT seems to be 4.30 not sure how it can happen if 3.10 is latest ..
That doesn't look right if that is what the CCPU S/W Version showed. I wonder if the previous owner changed the APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module)? I found the following post using the 'Search' feature; http://www.explorerforum.com/xenfor...s-here-mft-update.348386/page-33#post-3543589
Do you know if the dealer checked to see if all the software versions were up to date?

Peter

That doesn't look right if that is what the CCPU S/W Version showed. I wonder if the previous owner changed the APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module)? I found the following post using the 'Search' feature; http://www.explorerforum.com/xenfor...s-here-mft-update.348386/page-33#post-3543589
Do you know if the dealer checked to see if all the software versions were up to date?

Peter

Before V3.8, the CCPU S//W Version was showing in 4.X numbers, then with V3.8 CCPU became 3.08 & with 3.10 it is also V3.10.
Anyway, CCPU S/W Version 4.30 means MFT version 3.6.2. So you should be able to update it to V3.10 through a dealer (official/recommended) or find a download file to do it yourself.

Thank you all!

Hello--

The dealer is telling us they can update our GPS Card for $350. Is there a cheaper route?

I'm guessing you are referring to the SD Navigation card.
Your thread will be merged with one found using the 'Search' feature. There are other threads as well regarding this topic.
Also please complete your registration by adding the 'Required' "Trim Level" (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it appears in the margin. That can be useful info to have at times. Thank you

Peter

I did not know we were talking about a SD card. I was told the GPS needed an update. So now I know we are talking about the SD sim card how much does Ford charge?
PeterK9-- I would have used the search function but did not know I was looking for an SD card. The Ford dealer said GPS system. Also the, "Required" Trim Level I have no idea what that is. I just went into my profile and looked for a section called, " Trim Level" and could not find any. In fact I tried to open any link that I could under my profile and I could not open any so if the Trim Level is in there I do not have access. If I am missing something please give step by step.

Thx

This forum is great. You guys rock. I just read through the last two pages and just checked the setting on my 2014 Limited Explorer. My CCPU version is 3.08 15128 with an A4. So am I correct that I can just order the A8 and it will just be a plug and go?

This forum is great. You guys rock. I just read through the last two pages and just checked the setting on my 2014 Limited Explorer. My CCPU version is 15128 with an A4. So am I correct that I can just order the A8 and it will just be a plug and go?
As far as I know, it is just plug and play but I've never gone through the procedure. Ford/Mercury | Home | HERE
As for your profile, go to the top of the page and click on your username on the right. Then select Personal Details. On the page that comes up scroll down to where it asks for Year, Model &/Trim Level and enter the info. Then go to the bottom and Save Changes. Trim level is as shown in my previous post. Base, XLT, etc.

Peter

PeterK9--

Thanks for the info. My Year, Model and Trim are updated. Also I just edited my post above. I have the 3.08, so will the A8 still work with that version? Wow the dealer wanted $350. That's why I love this forum or any forum for that matter. A little research can go a long way!

PeterK9--

Thanks for the info. My Year, Model and Trim are updated. Also I just edited my post above. I have the 3.08, so will the A8 still work with that version? Wow the dealer wanted $350. That's why I love this forum or any forum for that matter. A little research can go a long way!

3.08 is latest version that they allowed to be downloaded from the Ford MFT website, which is a very recent version. I would do some reading if you are thinking about version 3.10, it's a plus minus update if I recall correctly, at least with the version that is available from a link in this forum. The SD card A8 should be plug and play with version 3.08.

Ford has only upgraded navigation application for Sync 2 once back in 2012. My first map was A1 and upon upgrade I got A4. Since then all the map versions are compatible with Sync 2.
There is really no difference between original copies of the maps Ford sells and the ones copied from them. They both work the same way as intended. I've got one original and made a copy from it for my second vehicle and all is working as it should. Only difference is that Ford's ones are write protected, but it doesnt really matter. As for me having copy is even better since i keep my sd card and just copy files with new files onto it.

Yes it is possible to get a damaged, virus infected or other wise inoperative after market SD card, I have not had one in six versions (A4-A9). Every one I purchased was either the Ford navigation web site or eBay/Amazon. They came in the Ford Packaging and worked fine. There is also the possibility of getting a virus infected SD card from Dealer. Yes there is more liability for a dealer to replace, but still can have the same problem.

Press Settings on the MFT screen, then press Help and then press System Information. Then you will see CCPU S/W Version which may look something like 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT. That is V3.8. The latest apparently is 3.10.

Peter

That 3.08 is exactly the version I have. I’m still learning my truck and the features of the MFT. If that is the version, how do I find out what Sync I have. I can’t seem to use the Nav or text functions, or have my phone maps projected onto the screen, which is what I understood it could do. Where am I going wrong in making all this work?

That 3.08 is exactly the version I have. I’m still learning my truck and the features of the MFT. If that is the version, how do I find out what Sync I have. I can’t seem to use the Nav or text functions, or have my phone maps projected onto the screen, which is what I understood it could do. Where am I going wrong in making all this work?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I'm guessing that you have the 8" screen display. When you are on the 'Home' screen that displays the 4 quadrants, what does it say on the top right? Information or Navigation? If it shows Information, then you don't have Navigation. If you have Nav. you should also have an SD card.
How to identify your SYNC version | SYNC | Official Ford Owner Site
I don't have a Smartphone so I can't help with those questions.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I'm guessing that you have the 8" screen display. When you are on the 'Home' screen that displays the 4 quadrants, what does it say on the top right? Information or Navigation? If it shows Information, then you don't have Navigation. If you have Nav. you should also have an SD card.
How to identify your SYNC version | SYNC | Official Ford Owner Site
I don't have a Smartphone so I can't help with those questions.

Peter
Thanks, it’s a start!

Back