Syncing mobile apps with Sync 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Syncing mobile apps with Sync 2

Bilton_d

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 sport
Hi

I'm out in The Philippines and have a 2016 Exporer sport , unfortunately there is no sat nav available and I've Been trying unsuccessfully to synchronise my Waze app with the car .... is there guide?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your title says you have Sync 2, but I thought the 2016 had Sync 3.

It is not possible with Sync 2 if that is what you do have. If you actually meant Sync 3, than you need to download Android Auto or Apple CarPlay on your phone and it should sync right up.

Your title says you have Sync 2, but I thought the 2016 had Sync 3.

It is not possible with Sync 2 if that is what you do have. If you actually meant Sync 3, than you need to download Android Auto or Apple CarPlay on your phone and it should sync right up.

Yes it's a 2016 explorer 3.5 TT sport ...the display has 4 quadrants

Hmmm, I was always under the impression the 2016 got Sync 3. Well, since you have Sync 2, there is nothing you can do. I have a 2015 and upgraded to Sync 3, so you can always do that if you wanted. It was worth it to me.

Sync 3 wasn't available in the Explorer until the 2017 models rolled out. Ford did offer it in certain 2016 models but not the Ex.

Peter.

I can confirm that my new-to-me 2016 Ex Sprot has SYNC 2 (hardware) & I updated to SYNC 3 (software) but that have me no need abilities. This SYNC 2 unit sucks! I'll be looking to upgrade my unit to SYNC 3 hardware (SYNC 4 hardware if possible).

I can confirm that my new-to-me 2016 Ex Sprot has SYNC 2 (hardware) & I updated to SYNC 3 (software) but that have me no need abilities. This SYNC 2 unit sucks! I'll be looking to upgrade my unit to SYNC 3 hardware (SYNC 4 hardware if possible).
Sync 4 would be impossible.

Peter

Back