Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited
if a sub says

175 x 1 @ 4 ohms and
350 watts x 1 @ 2 ohms

which number do I look at? How do I know if im running @ 2ohms of 4?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4 ohs is the basic for car audio.... check the amp specs...some are rated to handle down to a 2 ohm load

alright thanks :) Im not sure what Im gonna do yet, but my friend who works @ a car audio shop said he heard 2 infinity perfect 12"s, and they were shaking the warehouse walls. This shop is one of those big shops that does 8 12" subs in the beds of trucks, and my friend was still impressed. So im thinking about a perfect 10, in the stock sub location, running off a Kicker DX700 350W x 1 Mono Subwoofer Amplifier. I think that should hit incredibly hard for a 10"

Its either that or an MTX Thunderform if I can get the $$$ in time, and a good deal on the sub/amp.

deinately check to make sure the amp can handle a 2 ohm mono load before attempting it. i usually run my sub amp @ 1 ohm mono.

if you put the kappa in the stock location, you'll need to get a custom box made. even the JL stealthbox is too small.

you meant the amp not the sub right???

subs are usually 8 ohms, 6 ohms, 4ohms, or 2 ohms....that doesnt change when you wire them up

Back