• Register Today It's free!

System purchase

motoxhacker

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
Ok, Well I think I've decided on a system setup, I have some of it ordered, some of it I'm still searching.

What I have ordered now:
Kenwood KDC-X859 CD/MP3 Player
i-1.JPG

10 Gigabyte KHD-C710 Music Keg
Dead Link Removed

KENWOOD KGC-6042A EQ/CROSSOVER

What I plan to purchase after I finish researching:

AUDIOBAHN 800 (2ohm) WATT Mono AMP A1801Q
AUDIOBAHN A4401Q 400 Watt 4-Channel Amp
Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1D x 2
Dual Sealed enclosure
LIGHTNING AUDIO 1 FARAD Digital Capacitor
Wiring

After my pocket book cools down I plan to purchase:
Infinity Kappa component system x 2 (front / rear)

Thats about it, I think that should sound pretty solid. I've read good things about the audiobahn hardware, although I plan to go listen to one before actually purchasing. The kappa perfects have a solid reputation, and I want something with a real stiff cone. I'm getting the 10's because I want a tighter sound, since I mostly listen to rock theres no use going nuts on the bass, although I think the amp I'm looking at might be slightly overkill. The Capacitor I hear is some what unneccessary unless your lights are dimming considerable, but I think I'll get one just to be safe.

Anybody have an idea about wiring the component speakers without destroying the original wiring setup? I dont plan to keep this explorer for more than 2 more years, and I'd like to put the stock stuff back in without having to splice a bunch of wires back together. I'm assuming this will mean fishing new wires through the doors. I could tape new wires to the old ones and pull them back through, but I would like them to stay where they are so all I have to do is hook back up the old speaker.

Like you said, run new wiring so you can just remove those when comes time to sell and replace the stock system. shouldn't be that hard, coat hangers work wonders.
Some people might also suggest building your own box, but a prefab would suffice.
Good luck.

Back